Jobs at:National Forum of People Living With HIV/AIDS Networks Uganda (NAFOPHANU)
Deadline of this Job:
22 October 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Who we are:
NAFOPHANU is a nonprofit making Non-Governmental Organization with a country wide mandate to provide systematic and all inclusive coordination structure for People Living with HIV (PLHIV) networks, associations and support groups in Uganda.
Job Title : Project Officer
No of Vacancy: 02
Terms: Contract basis based on performance
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Location: Moroto with frequent travels to other districts within Karamoja Region
Job purpose: The project Officer will be responsible for supporting and strengthening the districts, health facilities and community systems for sustainable uptake of responsive HIV/AIDS, TB, and Malaria services in the supported districts
Minimum academic Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences, Project Planning and Management, Community Health or related discipline from a recognized Institution, Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in integrating health service delivery into community structures.
• 2 years’ experience of providing HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment with one year supporting donor funded projects.
• 2 years’ professional experience working effectively with MOH, District and Community Health structures in HIV Prevention.
• EXERCISE HIGH LEVEL OF INTEGRITY
Job Descriptions and Responsibilities:
• Develop activity plans with evidence-based approaches to reach community with HIV/TB prevention interventions and linkage to Care and Treatment.
• Collaborate with the District and health facility HIV/TB/ Malaria focal persons to coordinate the planning, implementation, and monitoring of HIV/TB /Malaria services in the districts
• Mentor and provide technical assistance to community networks on the delivery of layered HIV/TB/Malaria service packages.
• Prepare and share timely periodic performance progress reports on HIV/TB prevention, care and treatment interventions.
• Support in compilation and submission of accurate and timely facility health management information system (HMIS) reports and programmatic reports in line with the project objectives.
• Ensure timely submission of activity reports and timesheets
• Support effective forecast, timely ordering, reporting, and accounting for the logistics/commodities required
• Participate in identification, implementation, and documentation of continuous quality improvement activities for HIV/TB programs
• Establish and strengthen effective collaborations and partnerships with the district leadership, healthcare providers and communities to ensure a coordinated and harmonized HIV response.
Skills and competences
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Excellent report writing, organizational, coordination and communication skills
• Proven ability to set priorities, multi-task, and work collaboratively as well as independently
• Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills is a must
• Ability to engage professionally and respectively with partners, Health care providers and the Community
• Experience in technical proposal writing
• Timely reporting
• Computer skills especially Word processing, Excel spread sheet and power point.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates can submit their application to email@example.com and copy in firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Position applied for or can be hand delivered to NAFOPHANU head office located at Plot 213 Sentema Road, Mengo
Deadline for Submission: 22 October, 2021
People Living with HIV and those based in Karamoja sub region are particularly encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.