Property Control and Inventory Assistant
Jobs at:United Nations
Deadline of this Job:
25 September 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Opening Reference: ESB/TJO/PCIA/01/09-2020
Issuance Date: 11/09/2020
Deadline Date: 25/09/2020
Type of contract: Temporary Appointment
Duration: 6 months
Scheduled date for taking up appointment: ASAP
Grade: GL – 5
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A LOCALLY RECRUITED POSITION, RESTRICTED TO UGANDAN
NATIONALS AND/OR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF UGANDA
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Qualified female candidates will be given priority for selection (DPKO Under-Secretary General’s Policy Statement on Gender Mainstreaming).
Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationship:
This position is located in the Office of Head of Premises, MONUSCO Entebbe Support Base.
The Property Control and Inventory Assistant will report to the Head of Premises. .
Duties and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Property Control and Inventory Assistant - Liaison Cell
will be responsible for the following duties:
• Conducts physical inspections and quality control of mission United Nations Property
to ensure that all items are accounted for and in serviceable condition.
• Prepares and submits Receiving and Inspection (R&I) reports, discrepancy reports,
and disposal reports for the Unit Chief’s approval.
• Identifies anomalies and/or discrepancies and the details thereof, or any other
reason for rejection and records in Damage Discrepancy Reports (DDR), posted on
the system and presented to the R&I Supervisor and Procurement for immediate
• Reviews Goods’ Receipts reports in Umoja and R&I Reports in the electronic
inventory management system.
• Maintains on a daily basis accurate and auditable property records in the electronic
inventory management system for property control and accountability in
conformance with administrative instructions, guidelines, manuals and Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Updates all physical verification records and data entry in the electronic inventory management system.
• Assists stakeholders in the application of property management policies and procedures to meet organizational standards and goals set up in the department of Operational Support (DOS) Directives, Logistics Support Division (LSD) Guidelines and Mission's SOPs.
• Assists in monitoring the execution of contracts for the disposal of property and supplies, including all types of waste material.
• Assists Self Accounting Units (SAUs) in preparation of equipment write-offs and processing of write-off cases through relevant property survey boards.
• Produces Business Object reports on monthly basis and when requested by supervisor.
• Assists in drafting statements of requirements for contracts and services for disposal.
• Interacts with other property management stakeholders and providers of services, in particular SAUs, Procurement Section, Joint Logistics Operations Center and Local Property Survey Boards, as appropriate.
• Prepares, processes and follows-up on administrative arrangements and forms related to the official travel of staff.
• Maintains files of rules, regulations, administrative instructions and other related documentation.
• Drafts routine Note Verbales (NV) and/or diplomatic documents, submission, follow up with Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) and receipt of response/documents on duty free clearance and transfer of ownerships of vehicles, allocation/cancellations of red number plates for all ESB and tenants.
• Prepare NV to the Embassies requesting for visa for staff travelling on official duties, attestation letter in case of non-representation of Embassies in Uganda, cancellations of Passports for Human Remains repatriation, legal issues (investigation cases) and for sale/destruction of UN used properties.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in property and inventory management, accounting, administrative services, protocol support or other related fields is required. Three (3) year of first-hand experience in logistics administrative and protocol support in the UN system, Embassies or High Commissions is desirable. Experience working in the UN Peacekeeping environment is desirable. Experience in drafting diplomatic documents is desirable.
• English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g., inventory accounting practices, budget/work programme, human resources, database management, etc. Ability to maintain focus and accuracy for sustained periods. Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative, financial and human resources rules and regulations in work situations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
High Expertise in Information Technology and its application to business practices and procedures, relevant to property management and distribution control and inventory. Excellent knowledge of methodologies for database management and analysis is essential.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT COMMENTS
Please note that failure to comply with the below will render your application invalid for this process.
1. Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications with cover letter together with the attached United Nations Personal History form (P-11) only.
2. For the online Personal History Profile (visit https://inspira.un.org to generate a PHP)
3. Submit applications by email ONLY to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
4. All applications MUST indicate the MONUSCO Job Opening number for which they are applying, on the subject line in the e-mail. e.g. ESB/TJO/PCIA/01/09-2020
5. All applicants MUST indicate the telephone number and email address with location. Applications without telephone number and the email address with location WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
6. Applications received after the deadline will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
7. ONLY successful applicants will be contacted for WRITTEN SUBSTANTIVE and COMPETENCY BASED ASSESSMENTS TEST.
8. In line with the UN policy on gender balance, FEMALE QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, TRAINING OR ANY OTHER FEES). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS..
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.