Public Relations Officer
Jobs at:SeaOwl Energy Services
Deadline of this Job:
01 March 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
On behalf of our Client in the Extractives sector, we are looking for a competent Public Relations Officer to join our Team at our Clients operations on Site in their Corporate Affairs Department. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of assigned tasks and work diligently under pressure. .
Reporting to the Public Relations Coordinator the job holder will be responsible for the following tasks;
• Execute public relations strategies of the company in Block-I to ensure the good image of the affiliate and the Group
• Organise and supervise the official visits in the operated areas
• Contribute to establishment and maintenance of a media network in the districts of the operated areas under the supervision of the external communication coordinator
• Contribute to establishment and maintenance of a network of local stakeholders in relation with the Community Liaison Officers
• Liaise with and answer enquiries from stakeholders such as media, community members and leaders under the supervision of the Corporate Affairs Manager
• Implement an integrated strategic communication plan to advance the companies relationship with key stakeholders in the Albertine-Graben region
• Organize and coordinating field visits at Company exploration area
• Liaise with cross functional teams
• Promote and increase the visibility of company activities, policies and initiatives in the region
• Foster community relations through events such as, meetings, open days and through involvement in community initiatives, in relation with the Community Liaison Officers, Tourism Liaison Officers
• Develop and maintain a database of media contacts and manage media engagements in the regions
• Develop and design key messages to effectively impact the targeted stakeholders (interpretation, illustrations, choice of medium, leaflets and videos and others)
• Distribute press releases to targeted audiences
• Assigned other duties that may arise
Qualifications & Experience
• University Degree in mass communication/public relations
• Minimum 2 years of experience
• Knowledge and ability to write and communicate in English (a must), Alur and/or Luo (an added advantage)
• Ability to communicate both verbally and written with all levels of staff and management.
• Ability to live in and adapt to a remote environment.
• Excellent organizational, scheduling and planning skills
• Self-confident and sociable — ability to network effectively.
• Proven experience in dealing with and writing for the media including an interest in current news coverage.
• Proven experience in researching, writing and managing the production of publications;
• Well-developed computer skills, including proven ability to maintain/update websites, and a demonstrated understanding of the internet, social media, multi-media tools and desktop publishing.
• An understanding of the activities in the oil and gas sector, Government and civil society
• Ability to prioritize and think creatively
• Possess good problem-solving skills
• Microsoft Office proficiency required, including Excel, Word, Photoshop and PowerPoint.
Job Education Requirements: University Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you feel you meet the criteria as outlined above and are ready to take on this challenge, please send us your CV ONLY to:
Via email: email@example.com
Tel.: +256 (0) 706 444 500
Subject of your email should be the position you are applying for
Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any question or need any clarifications
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.