Regional Finance & Administrative Assistant
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
22nd May 2019
Date Posted: 30th April 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Regional Finance & Administrative Assistant
Organisation: FHI 360
Duty Station: Uganda
FHI 360 is a leading global development organization dedicated to improving lives around the world. Our professional staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as cross-cutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and Technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today's diverse and interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world.
Job Summary: The Regional Finance & Administrative Assistant performs accounting and financial duties for a department or unit. Works with various sources of funding which may include sponsored research, and federal restricted funds, grants and contracts. Performs audit function to assure accuracy and compliance with internal and external regulations. Selects and applies established procedures appropriately. Updates supervisor on status of projects as required.. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares and monitors monthly expenditures for projects by analyzing financial data and providing monthly reports to internal and external stakeholders.
• Serves as a principal source of information on fiscal policies and procedures including federal funding rules and advises management on existing options or alternatives to make appropriate business decisions.
• Establishes and manages accounting record keeping systems and procedures for tracking and reporting.
• Assists with reviewing invoices and preparation of annual project proposals for renewal.
• Works with project leaders to resolve problems associated with monthly expenditures and project budgets.
• Communicates with management and project leaders regarding proposal development and monitoring of budgets to ensure projects adhere to budget constraints and meet completion.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with client and staff.
• Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
• Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
• Strong knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), budgeting and fiscal control theories and practices.
• Working knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated spreadsheet and database software skills.
• Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
• Ability to work well with others and verify and analyze financial data, identify errors and prepare reports..
Job Education Requirements:
• The ideal candidate must hold an Associate’s Degree or its International Equivalent.
Job Experience Requirements:
• Three to five years of accounting or finance experience
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
All interested job applicants should apply online at the link below.