- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Regional Operations Coordinator
Jobs at:Samaritan's Purse
Deadline of this Job:
24 February 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
VACANCY 2020-006: Regional Operations Coordinator, Kampala
Length of Contract: 12 months
Job Summary T
The Regional Operations Coordinator (ROC) will be responsible for leading and managing the operations functions of the Samaritan's Purse (SP) Uganda office in support of SP programming in Uganda, South Sudan and DRC..
Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage a team of 4 8 people to effectively and efficiently meet the operational needs of SP Uganda, SP South Sudan and SP DRC. Areas of responsibility will include procurement, fleet, transportation, inventory, base, and ICT.
• Develop accurate operations plans based on program needs and deadlines, continually monitor and maintain plans to ensure goals are achieved, evaluating challenges as they arise and utilizing creative problem solving to identify cost effective solutions.
• Serve as focal point for large/bulk procurement requests.
• Facilitate international logistics in compliance with all government regulations, as applicable.
• Manage and maintain effective supplier vetting system.
Conduct all activities in the most cost effective and efficient manner, in line with Samaritan's Purse. Government of Uganda and donor policies and best practices.
• Any other duties as assigned..
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration,
International Logs or other related discipline.
• Min. five (5) years' relevant experience, preferably in an international capacity with an
• Professional certification in procurement, logistics and transport an advantage. . Proficient in Microsoft Office packages (Excel,
Word and PowerPoint).
• Strong leadership and organizational skills, with experience of managing others. • Proactive, resourceful and results oriented; good critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Commitment to excellence, integrity and stewardship of resources. Must agree with and uphold the values and objectives of the organization.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Experience Requirements: Min. five (5) years' relevant experience
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please submit CV and cover letter (ONLY) by email to email@example.com or in hard copy to Samaritan's Purse Uganda, Plot 126 Luthuli Avenue Bugolobi.
Applications should be submitted no later than 10:00 on Monday 24th February 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for inter.
An email alert was shared with subscribers on 20th February 2020. You can view it here if you missed it. Alerts make it easier to search for jobs. Many times the alert goes into your Gmail Promotions Tab instead of the Primary Tab, so make sure you check the Promotions Tab every Tuesday and Thursday.
If you want it to always appear in the Primary Tab, you can follow these 4 quick steps on your phone:
On Desktop or Computer, just hold down the email using the left click button and drag it to the Primary Tab.