- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Renewable Energy Officer
Jobs at:World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
Deadline of this Job:
27 March 2020
Date Posted: Monday, March 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world. We are an international NGO committed to environmental protection active in almost 100 countries. WWF has a growing conservation Programme in the Republic of Uganda WWF Uganda Country Office (WWF UCO) works with central and local government agencies, private sector civil society organizations (CSOs) and the local communities to implement its various conservation programmes on Energy and Climate, Forestry and Wildlife, and Freshwater in Uganda To help WWF in managing this challenging conservation agenda, and be aligned with WWF's network initiative and the global conservation priorities, the WWF-Uganda Country Office is looking for an experienced, dynamic and committed professional to fit the vacant position below.
Position: RENEWABLE ENERGY OFFICER
Reports to: Renewable Energy Manager
Location: Uganda Country Office - Kampala
Duration: Two (2) years (Renewable)
To implement clean and renewable energy projects hosted/ + supported by the Energy. Climate and Extractives Programme at WWF Uganda Country Office (WWF-UCO) through developing and promoting access to cost effective and environmentally friendly energy solutions for domestic, institutional, and productive energy needs of the country. .
Key Performance Areas:
• Plans and implements renewable energy and climate change interventions supported by the programme within the Albertine Graben and at national level; Supervises implementing partners to ensure quality outputs and conservation impacts:
• Organizes and coordinates partners to implement renewable energy projects supported by the Programme
• Supports district local government, local CSOs and cultural and religious institutions to actively engage in implementation of the interventions towards increasing access to low-carbon energy alternatives
• Prepares training courses and workshops for a variety of partners and stakeholders within the Albertine Graben and at national level;
• Monitors progress of Implementation of renewable energy projects for greater conservation impacts.
• Develops policy recommendations, fact sheets, briefs. Press articles, and other media tools to promote renewable energy in Uganda:
• Assists in organization and implementation of awareness meetings, sensitization workshops, research studies, missions and other related events
• Prepares detailed and timely technical progress reports on the project, according to WWF standards:
• Supports the Renewable Energy Manager and the Energy Climate and Extractives Programme Coordinator in preparing proposals, reports and other documentation as required by WWF-UCO and partners
• Provides technical support during Programme planning and implementation processes
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications, skills and competencies required.
• At least a Bachelor's Degree in Renewable Energy, Engineering, or Environmental Science,
• At least 2 years' experience implementing renewable energy (including biomass cook-stoves, solar PV, small hydropower. biogas, etc.) and climate change projects are a must.
• Experience working with local or international organizations and Successfully working closely with local communities and central government agencies on complex issues is a must
• Required Skills and Competences:
• Experience in environmental and natural resource management is an added advantage
Experience in implementing community mobilization, broad based awareness raising, advocacy, lobbying and capacity building (eg, training, workshop facilitation and capacity building) is preferable;
• A proven ability to work independently as well as in teams is desired;
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills are desirable,
• Experience in non-renewable energy (eg oil and gas) development issues is an added advantage.
Experience in managing donor funded conservation or natural resource management projects is an added advantage.
• Working knowledge of Swahili will be an added advantage:
• Computer literacy, familiarity with GIS applications Knowledge and ability and/or experience in development of fundable project proposals desirable.
Job Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Experience: 2 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application letters, detailed Curriculum Vitae including names, email addresses and telephone contact details of three (3) referees, plus copies of academic qualifications (sent as one document) should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org Not later than 27 March 2020. Please quote the position title in the email subject line and remember to fill the Google form for the role as no applications will be processed without the respective Google form filled.
Google form link, Renewable Energy Officer https://forms.gle/rZKnD7geqAAqVNJp8
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted six (6) weeks after closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.