Jobs at:Raising The Village
Deadline of this Job:
12 December 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting To: Senior Project Officer
Location: Field Offices (various districts including Mitooma & Rubanda)
Years of Experience 2+ years
Travel Required: 90%
Reporting to the Senior Project Officer, Raising The Village’s (RTV) Replication Assistant works in collaboration with the Sub-County Community Development Officer (CDO) to jointly implement RTV’s methodology throughout the implementation and transition phase of a partner village and cluster. RTV’s work focuses on improving household livelihoods, bringing people out of extreme poverty with a focus on key initiatives centering around agriculture, livestock, water and sanitation, health, financial literacy and village savings and loans, gender equality and community driven development, etc. Project Assistant works in collaboration with government officials and community members to improve household income, promote gender equality and eradicate ultra-poverty in last mile hard to reach communities..
• Conduct project design review meetings with the CDO and their respective partner villages and provide feedback as required to update project designs and budgets prior to implementation;
• Co-coordinate and co-facilitate training activities including but not limited to financial literacy and behavior and mindset change, water and health sanitation, village savings and loans associations, agriculture, livestock care and management and health outreaches, etc.
• Responsible to support the CDO in the implementation of RTV’s project methodologies with the purpose of increasing household income and reducing extreme poverty as per project designs;
• Develop and submit list of required goods and services for project implementation to the procurement and logistics officer;
• Responsible to verify goods/inputs prior to distribution in conjunction with the government technical extension officers i.e. agricultural extension officer, sub-county vet and RTV’s procurement team;
• Conduct project follow-up and provide support and guidance to community groups and individual households to ensure project compliance and continuation;
• Work with the CDO to identify potential risks and issues and provide mitigation measures and recommendations for improvements;
• Conduct regular meetings in partnership with the CDO with leadership and community members on performance, participation, and perceptions of RTV based projects;
Reporting and Administration
• Train and support the CDO to develop and manage workplans;
• Train and support the CDO to complete field reporting on a weekly basis;
• Provide support with information sharing for donor reporting and proposal writing as might be required;
• Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings as well as cluster team meetings to highlight issues and success and outline next steps;
• Complete weekly financial request, submissions and accountabilities to the District Lead;
• Take photographs and share for data repository;
Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Provide feedback and recommendations to the Senior Project Officer and the implementation team to improve RTV’s replication programming;
• Provide suggestions to Senior Project Officer and Project Officer on potential activities that need to be redone, reviewed or introduced to ensure sustainability of RTV projects, methodologies and improvement in the lives of community members.
Note: Other requirements as might be required by their direct supervisor and/or management.
Requirements and Experience
Technical and Administrative Skills
• Strong training &facilitation skills;
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written English;
• Fluent in local languages where RTV works;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs i.e. Word and Excel
• Understanding of Community Based Development Principles
• Organizes workload effectively while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines;
• Accurately completes multiple tasks while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
• Able to work as a team to share successes and challenges and to find solutions towards achieving RTV’s goals and objectives;
• Able and willing to support government extension officers, especially CDOs, to learn and implement RTV’s methodologies including reporting;
• Able to provide feedback and support to government extension officers;
• Able to think outside of the box to provide plausible solutions to issues and challenges;
• Strong work ethic, flexible, and able to build relationships with various stakeholders most notably colleagues, and community members.
• Able to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced and challenging environment
• Energetic and physically able to hike high terrain
• Able to travel approximately 90% of time
• Ability to ride a motorbike would be an added advantage
Education, Qualification and Experience
• Bachelors degree in social science, social work, humanities, community development, project management or related field of study
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please follow this link for the application procedure: https://forms.gle/Z18nU2YVGKBGSCxg7
The deadline for applying for this job is 16th December 2020 at 5:00PM EAT.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.