Research, Advocacy and Information Officer
Jobs at:Muslim Centre for Justice and Law
Deadline of this Job:
18 March 2020
Date Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About US: MCJL envisions, “A Ugandan society that upholds universal faith-based principles in ensuring equitable access to justice, human rights and observance of the law.” Our mission is, “To facilitate observance of human rights, justice, peace, and good governance through promotion of public interest, civil liberties, and obligations under the law.”
Muslim Centre for Justice and Law invites applications from qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts:
Research, Advocacy and Information Officer
Job Summary: The Research Advocacy and Information Officer will maintain a consistent relationship with targeted communities, leaders and duty bearers, conduct presentations and conduct various types of social and legal related research as well as internal capacity building of the staff and provide technical input and support on day-to-day research-related work. Location: Uganda, Based in Kampala at Head Office
Application Deadline: 18th March 2020 (Midnight East African Standard Time)
Type of Contract: Project Service Contract
Post Level: Officer at Tactical level
Languages Required: English, Luganda
Duration of Initial Contract: 1 year initially (Extendable) .
The role will include the following responsibilities:
• Support Advocacy consultative processes and lobbying activities for MCJL’s core programmatic work/values.
• Planning and implementation of awareness raising activities for various programme work and/or campaigns.
• Provide support to organization of conferences, workshops, seminars, training and delivery of outputs.
• Coordination and mobilization of partners and relevant stakeholders in influencing public policy and government interventions as needed in various programmatic work.
• Contribute to the formulation of final reports to all donors, including the MCJL’s annual report.
• Assists in the implementation of MCJL’s communication and Advocacy strategy.
• Lead in identifying, packaging and pitching stories and public issues to put on digital platforms.
• Liaising with media and identifying interventions to capacitate them as champions for MCJL’s work.
• Provide advice and support to the Programme Team on communication and public relations.
• Implementation of key trends and issues regarding core advocacy and interpersonal relations work in the Muslim community and other faith communities.
• Analyze and ensure that interventions are sensitive to the Muslim community in leadership and core values in order to achieve progress in terms of inclusion of other groups that are marginalized in society.
• Support in updating and sharing recent developments and knowledge related to the field of Advocacy and Communication.
• Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
• Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
• Self-development, initiative-taking
• Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
• Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
• Creating synergies through self-control
• Informed and transparent decision making
Qualifications and experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university in Law, Mass Communications & Journalism, Media Studies, Development Communication or relevant discipline. Post graduate tertiary education or equivalent is an added advantage in Law, Mass Communication, Public policy or other relevant qualification.
• At least three years of work experience in similar environment
• Working knowledge of NGO sector.
• Conversant with current issues in the Muslim community on Access to Justice, peace building and Gender.
• Motivated to work and ready to follow-up key stakeholders.
Job Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications should be addressed to the President sent to email@example.com and include the position applied for in the subject matter. Applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Certiﬁed copies of academic and other relevant documents and indicate names and contacts of three (3) referees, two professional and one character. N.B: No hand delivery application will be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MCJL is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and Persons with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.