Jobs at:Innovation Village (TIV)
Deadline of this Job:
05 March 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Innovation Village (TIV) is Uganda’s launchpad for leading innovators and entrepreneurs since 2016. Our community consists of start-ups, global brands, government agencies, academic institutions, investors, corporates, and development partners that all come together to create an entrepreneurial density like no other, here in Uganda.
TIV is in the process of building a rich database of seasoned researchers for its ongoing and planned research projects in Northern, Eastern, Central and Western regions of Uganda. From time to time, this pool of researchers will be called upon to support data collection on different research assignments whenever there is need. TIV therefore calls upon interested candidates to submit their applications (cover letter, curriculum vitae and academic qualifications to our regional office address below; Please don’t forget to indicate the region of preference and also note that priority will be given to researchers who stay or are based in those regions.
In addition, the ideal applicant should also meet the following requirements:.
• Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Demography/Population, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Quantitative Economics/Economics, or any other related degree from a recognized university or institution of higher learning and coupled with postgraduate qualification in Monitoring & Evaluation.
• Additional training in research ethics from any recognized institution of learning is an added advantage.
You will impress us if you have;
• Atleast two (2) years’ experience in conducting both quantitative and qualitative research
• Ability and experience in utilizing digital data collection tools is essential
• Experience in working with and or conducting research with entrepreneurs, young people, women and refugees is desirable.
Practical Skills required;
• Must be fluent in the common local languages spoken in the region of choice
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills – both oral and written
• Good mobilization and negotiations skills.
• Computer knowledge (Ms Access, Ms Word, Ms. Excel and PowerPoint, google forms, ODK, Kobo, etc)
• Excellent analytical skills
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer informed consent, conduct and complete interviews in accordance with the study protocol, and answer questions that the respondents may ask before or during the course of data collection
• Develop or assist in the development of interview schedules; contact potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol and to arrange interviews, either in person or by telephone
• Conduct and record face-to-face and/or telephone interviews with subjects, in accordance with predetermined interview protocol, data collection procedures and documentation standards
• Review and edit data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information; follow up with subjects to resolve problems or clarify data collected
• Undertake day to day coding and typing (in word) of the completed qualitative interviews (translating from note books used during interviews) and transcribing (verbatim) of FGDs and KIIs before submitting to the Research and Learning Coordinator and assigned research technical supervisor.
• Prepare a brief summary report on progress of field activities highlighting the number of interviews completed, challenges if any and recommendations as well as plans for the next interviews
• Take and share photographic data as may be required by the evaluation in line with the study protocol/design.
• Support data quality assessment on the assessment for their respective regions as appropriate.
Job application procedure
Please send in your application in one document/folder to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th March, 2021. If you do not hear from us within 1 month of closure of this call, then prepare to try again next time the call comes out.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.