- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT
Deadline of this Job:
27 March 2020
Date Posted: Monday, March 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that hamess agricultural biodiversity and sustainable transform food systems to improve people's lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation. With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people.
The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future. Position Summary:
The Research Associate - Impact Assessment will work as a member of the Impact assessment team within PABRA team and support socio economics research of PABRA. This includes studies aimed to assess adoption and impacts of improved bean technologies, market studies to evaluate preferences and demand for bean traits in the target countries where CIAT/PABRA projects are implemented. The Research Assistant - Impact Assessment will contribute to the formulation of Research hypotheses to test, explain and disseminate results to relevant audiences with a view to enhancing the impact from PABRA projects. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the national teams during the collection of socioeconomic data for impact assessment of bean research and development interventions.
• Provide support for the econometric analysis of socioeconomic and impact assessment data to derive knowledge on bean production constraints and opportunities technology adoption and associated welfare outcomes for target populations
• Contribute to dissemination of research results and development of outcomes to stakeholders and publish approved research findings.
• Participate actively in annual project review, planning meetings and developing periodic impact assessment reports.
• Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics of related field
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience in a related position
• Good analytical and report writing skills
• Good understanding of the research methods for social sciences, processes and questionnaire development High level of computer skills, including knowledge of STATA statistical packages and programming for Computer assisted interviewing approaches
• Basic knowledge of econometric methods, basic statistics and
• software (e.g. Stata, SPSS etc.) for analysis of survey data. Knowledge of choice experiment based techniques of consumer demand is added advantage
• Possess good presentation and facilitation skills
• Must be able to learn new approaches and work independently with minimal supervision, but also participate as a team member in accomplishment of his/her duties.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Commitment to the Alliance's mission and core values.
Terms of Employment: This is a nationally recruited position based in Kampala, Uganda, the initial contract will be for a period of One (1) year, subject to probation period of three (3) months and is renewable depending on performance and availability of resources. We offer a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits, we believe that the diversity of our staff contributes to excellence.
Job Education: Master’s Degree
Job Experience: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to visit http://ciat.cgiar.org/ciat-jobs to get full details of the position and to submit their applications. Applications must have the reference number. AF1016: Research Associate: Impact Assessment as the position applied for. Application letter and CV should be saved as one document using the candidate's lastname, first name for ease of sorting. The Alliance does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting processing or training): nor does it concern itself with information on applicants' bank accounts details. Applications closing date: 27th March 2020 Please note that email applications will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.