- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Uganda National Cultural Centre (UNCC)
Deadline of this Job:
17 April 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UNCC is a semi-autonomous body established by an Act of Parliament (UNCC Act Cap 50). It is mandated to preserve, promote and popularize Art and Culture in Uganda and beyond. UNCC has an opening within its establishment which it intends to fill (Senior Accountant)
POST: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
Reports to: Finance Manager Salary scale: UNCC3
Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide routine financial management and accounting services and produce periodic financial reports in the Centre. .
Duties and Responsibilities • Ensures that all the Accounting records are up to-date and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (G.A.A.P.)
• Maintains an up-to-date Fixed Assets Register
• Control of main and subsidiary accounts and maintained.
• Verifying financial statements and payments.
• Preparing periodic financial statements statements and reconciliation.
• Providing technical support to the Organisations on financial matters.
• Supervising and controlling revenue collection and expenditures of the Centre.
• Preparing expenditure estimates for the Centre.
• Taking part in the formulation of the financial programs of the Centre in accordance with the requirements of the Centre's Act.
• Supervising Accounts staff under you.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Minimum Qualifications • An Honors Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration (Accounting option), Commerce (Accounting option) or Finance and Accounting plus
• Full professional qualifications in Accountancy such as CPA, ACCA, ACIS and CPE obtained from a recognized institution.
• Knowledge of Government Budgeting systems.
• Knowledge of IFMIS
• Computer knowledge plus proficiency in accounting packages eg Pastel and Quick Books.
• Work Experience Should have at least three (3) years' continuous experience as an Accountant in a reputable institution.
• Technical and Behavioral Competencies.
• Good knowledge and skills in financial management
• Financial integrity Behavioral
• Accountable for resources allocated and knowledgeable of Government of Uganda
• Accounting procedures, rules and regulations.
• Ability to hold self and others responsible for results, actions and inactions.
• Is able to enforce accountability for organizational performance
• Encourages teamwork and builds relationship for the current and long term benefits to the Centre.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please submit your applications, Certified copies of academic Certificates, Transcripts and Curriculum Vitae giving full details of applicant's education, qualification, experience and 3 referees with their full postal, email and telephone contacts as well to PO Box 3187, Kampala or hand deliver it to Uganda National Cultural Centre (UNCC), National Theatre; on De-Winton Road, Kampala.
Address your application to Human Resource and Administrative Manager, UNCC, not later than 17th April 2020. Plot 24&6 De Winton Road P.O Box 3187 Kampala
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Be reminded that UNCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.