- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior Data Assistant
Jobs at:African Initiatives for Relief and Development
Deadline of this Job:
24 January 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AIRD Uganda is non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and non-profit making organization with the main aim of protecting and seeking durable solutions for Refugees and IDP's in Africa in partnership with UNHCR the UN refugee agency.
AIRD is seeking for qualified personnel for the position listed below
21. Job Title: Senior Data Assistant
Location: Field Locations .
• Providing support in monitoring and evaluating ongoing projects in the field. Ensuring timely and effective management.
• Implementation of AIRD/UNHCR'S humanitarian programme, ensuring efficiency, quality, impact and accountability, while upholding the core values of AIRD.
• Daily entry of all movements from previous day, including generation of daily reports and culminating in a print out of current stock balance.
• Ensuring that no entry is made unless the appropriate supporting documents have been submitted, and following up where necessary.
• Filing of daily reports in appropriate file.
• Printing half month and end of month stock balances for UNHCR on next working day, and at any time requested by UNHCR Logistics Section.
• Weekly spot checks of stock balances in the warehouse, comparing physical count against bin and stock card entries and the latest computer report.
• Documenting the results and reporting variation, if any.
• Monthly stock taking in co-operation with, but independently from, the logistics officer and logistics Assistant. Document the results, reporting variations, if any.
• Preparing any reports as requested by UNHCR Logistics Section or project Management.
• Ensuring that all data files are kept in good order and that historical files are stored facilitating easy reference.
• Make daily back-ups of data, so that no failure in the system would result in the loss of more than current entries.
• Keeps track of received data and source documents.
• Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered.
• Contacts preparers of source documents to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data.
• Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from source documents into computer following format displayed on screen, and enters necessary codes.
• Confirms accuracy of data such as course numbers, days, dates, times and locations.
• Compares data entered with source documents, or reenters data in verification format on screen to detect errors.
• Reviews and makes necessary corrections to information entered.
• Compiles, sorts, and verifies accuracy of data to be entered.
• Assists in establishing and maintaining an effective and efficient records management system.
• Generates reports and responds to inquiries regarding entered data as requested.
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
• Maintains confidential information Performs general clerical duties such as typing etc.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Double check waybills for shipments transported by AIRD staff to ensure accuracy and proper documents correctly attached before sending to UNHCR Logistics for UNHCR waybill preparation
• Assist in compiling data required to write the six-month and annual reports, and for budget and planning exercises.
• Assist in preparing monthly fuel Utilization reports.
• Reconciliation of fuel reports from the suppliers with AIRD fuel records.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• High level of honesty and Integrity
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Advanced computer skills in Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentation, Creating forms, org charts, mail
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
• Willingness to work in any part of the country
• A University Degree in IT, Statics, Development studies, Social Sciences or any other related degree
• Minimum of 3 years of experience is required
• Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spread sheet and database packages
Job Education Requirements: University Degree in IT
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the required qualifications are encouraged to apply on the link below: www.aird.hrmagic.ug/careers
No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Friday 24th January 2020
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.