- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior Legal Officer
Jobs at:Profiles International - Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
21 February 2020
Date Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client, a Government entity in the real estate sector is looking for suitably qualified individuals to apply for the vacant position of Senior Legal Officer. The position reports to the Managing Director on the organizational structure of our client and is based in Kampala. This is a dream career opportunity for a highly dynamic, creative, innovative and astute performer.
1. JOB TITLE: Senior Legal Officer
REPORTS TO: Managing Director: .
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Prepares in consultation with the Managing Director, and distributes the agendas, issues notices for all. scheduled Board meetings at least two weeks before the meeting. The notice may be shorter for unscheduled meetings.
• Ensures the minutes and all necessary documents requiring discussion or comments are attached to the agenda.
• Takes notes of proceedings, prepares and keeps an electronic and hard copy of the minutes of Board of Directors and maintains an electronic and hard copy files containing all agendas, minutes, and any support materials from these meetings
• Ensures the accuracy, correctness and completeness of the minutes.
• Distributes to the Board the minutes of the meeting within one week following each Board meeting
• Safely keeps all company documents and minutes
• Records and distributes to members all actions undertaken by the Board of Directors between meetings ahead of the next Board of Directors meeting.
• Informs those concerned of the actions they need to take following the Board meeting.
• Provides legal advice/opinions and training to staff in Line with the law and policy of the organization
• Reviews/prepares/agreements/contracts of the company.
• Prepares/reviews leases/subleases and tenancy agreements in line with the organizations requirement approved terms and conditions and the law.
• Prepares and reviews service level contracts/agreements entered into by the company for the provision of goods and services, consultancy, safety and security, media and public relations in line with the company's requirement, approved terms and conditions and the law.
• The Senior Legal Officer shall also be in charge of human resources and administration and perform duties attached thereto.
• Performs any other duties/functions as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A bachelor's degree in law from a recognized University and a Diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Centre (LDO)
• A valid Legal Practicing Certificate,
Essential educational and professional qualifications:
• A post graduate qualification in Management, Law or any business related field and/or ICSA will be an added advantage.
• Proven past knowledge/experience in human resource management related duties is an added advantage.
• A minimum of 7 years of working experience in legal. practice of which 2 years must have been at a senior level in a reputable public organization
• Ability to work independently. Should be computer literate,
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Education Requirements: bachelor's degree in law
Job Experience Requirements: 7 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe you have the desired competencies for the job, please send an application and attach a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials, address, a daytime telephone contact and names of 3 referees to the National Director using the address below. Please ensure the application reaches the National Director not later than close of business on 21st February 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be e contacted,
Apply to: The National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited, Plot 519, Old Kira Road - Kamwokya, P.0. Box 3024, Kampala Uganda or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details, call +256414237150.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.