- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior Malaria Technical Advisor
Jobs at:Program for Accessible health Communication and Education (PACE )
Deadline of this Job:
24 August 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BASED AT: KAMPALA, UGANDA
REPORTING TO: THE CHIEF OF PARTY, UGANDA MALARIA CONTROL ACTIVITY
STARTS: APPROXIMATELY MARCH 2021 [*CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING]
Who we are
Program for Accessible health Communication and Education-PACE is a local health non-governmental organization and remains an affiliate of PSI. PACE is an innovative, efficient and impact-oriented organization that works towards realizing a community of Ugandans empowered to sustain healthy behavior, while significantly contributing to Ministry of Health in the areas of HIV/AIDS-care and prevention, TB, Malaria and Child survival, maternal and reproductive health, as well as access to safe water. For more information, please visit www.pace.org.ug
PACE seeks a Senior Malaria Technical Advisor to provide technical guidance on the design, introduction, and implementation of malaria control and elimination strategies under an anticipated $38M 5-year USAID/PMI-funded project. The project will strengthen national and sub-national capacity to implement malaria vector control, service delivery, surveillance, social and behavior change, and operational research in Uganda.
The Senior Malaria Technical Advisor will be responsible for providing technical guidance on design, introduction, and implementation of malaria control and elimination strategies under the USAID Uganda PMI Uganda Malaria Control Activity, an anticipated 5-year activity in Uganda. PSI anticipated the project will provide technical assistance to the Government of Uganda to implement malaria vector control, service delivery, surveillance, social and behavior change, and operational research.
The Senior Malaria Technical Advisor will be responsible for supporting the COP and DCOP to ensure that project activities are implemented according to international and national guidelines and best practices.
The Senior Malaria Technical Advisor will also be responsible for ensuring quality of malaria control and
elimination strategies implemented by the PMI Uganda Malaria Control Activity. The Senior Malaria Technical Advisor will also be responsible for strengthening the technical capacity of project staff. .
Under the supervision of the COP and in line with USAID and PSI policies the Senior Malaria Technical Advisor will be responsible for:
• Monitoring the publication of new evidence at the global and regional level on malaria control and elimination strategies.
• Develop analytically sound and comprehensive reports on the design, introduction, and implementation of malaria control and elimination strategies in Uganda Support coordination mechanisms across consortium partners to ensure adherence Ugandan and global guidelines and best practices for malaria control and elimination.
• Mentor project staff in Ugandan and global best practices in malaria control and elimination.
• Ensure that project activities are implemented in line with Ugandan and WHO guidelines and
• best practices for malaria control and elimination.
• Continuously build the capacity and knowledge of project staff.
• Develop partnerships and relationships with key in-country stakeholders.
• Support the project team to prepare annual work plans and reports.
• Collect, distill, and disseminate malaria control and elimination best practices to inform donors and other stakeholders.
What would get us excited?
• Must have a MD or MPH, or other related biological science postgraduate degree.
• A minimum of five years field experience in malaria prevention and treatment programs in developing countries.
• In-depth knowledge of malaria and public health principles and practices, particularly in the area of malaria prevention and case management, program coordination and sound negotiation skills with members of the RBM Partnership to End Malaria.
• At least 10 years of senior technical leadership designing and implementing malaria-related service delivery activities in collaboration with developing countries.
• Fluent in English, a plus.
• Demonstrated global malaria technical knowledge with established reputation for excellence in malaria control.
• Ability to coordinate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders in numerous locations and levels, including private partners, donors, government officials and bodies, technical experts, civil society organizations, community members and organizations and project support staff.
• Demonstrated knowledge on malaria control and experience in managing a malaria program.
• Sound technical knowledge of malaria and vector control policy and context in Uganda or another similar context.
• Experience mentoring others in best practices and the development of malaria control and elimination strategies.
• Excellent writing and presentation ability.
• Three Referees, two of whom have been your direct supervisors.
Job Education: MD or MPH
Job Experience: five years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, and an updated CV ONLY to email@example.com indicating the
Job title in the subject of the email.
Your CV should be two-paged, clearly stating how you meet what we are looking for and what gets us interested. Applications should reach us not later than 5.00pm or 1700H (East African Time) on Monday August 24th, 2020. Applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Please note PACE does not solicit for funds during any recruitment process
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.