Senior Manager- Property Valuations
Jobs at:DFCU Bank
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2020
Date Posted: Friday, October 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Manager- Property Valuations (1 Position)
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager- Credit Support and Monitoring
LOCATION: Kampala .
Reporting to the Senior Manager- Credit Support and Monitoring, the role holder will value and render quick and accurate professional opinion, expertise, and information to the Bank on/of Bank properties as well as those offered as collateral security.
Portfolio Quality monitoring;
• Provide a second opinion on valuations received from external valuers.
• Improve the quality of assets held as security.
• Monitor progress of on-going bank financed projects.
• Validation of the status of the Banks properties.
• Maintain, coordinate, and supervise a panel of external valuers.
• Evaluate performance of external valuers by sampling their work on regular basis.
• Expedite valuation of selected properties presented/proposed as security particularly specialized, high value, urgent and complex properties and property/projects under recovery and advise of their value (i.e. Market Value, forced sale value, and Insurance value), marketability and suitability as collateral security.
• Originate and maintain standard valuation guidelines and procedures for the Bank.
• Evaluate and monitor on-going developments projects.
• Advise the Bank on major developments on the property market on a regular basis.
• Maintain an up-to-date database of all valued properties.
• Track expired valuation reports and follow them up for re-valuation as per policy guidelines.
• Valuation of collateral prior to liquidation in accordance with the Mortgage Act.
• Developing a tracking and monitoring mechanism for all expired valuation reports and follow up for re-valuation as per policy guidelines.
• Working closely with Credit Managers and Relationship Managers (RMs) to implement remedial plans by recommending appropriate actions for non compliant customers.
• Periodically accompanying RMs to client visits and/or meetings to address credit risk matters.
• Ensuring escalation of issues within the agreed timelines.
Governance and Controls;
• Ensuring that all processes adhere to laid down controls and procedures in accordance with Bank policies and Prudential Guidelines issued by the Central Bank and any other relevant regulatory requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Graduate/Professional qualification in Valuation Surveying.
• At least 3 years post registration working experience in the industry in a senior position.
• Sound knowledge of Banking processes and procedures.
• Duly registered surveyor (of Uganda) and holder of valid practicing certificate. • Self-drive, maturity and high degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Good client and interpersonal relations.
• Good interpretation and decision-making ability.
• Ability to manage complex and multifaceted stakeholders.
• Effective communicator and influencer.
• Excellent negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
• Good planning and organizational skills.
• Excellent understanding of the banking act and prudential guidelines.
• Good knowledge of banking products and evolving Credit Risk Management systems.
• Good understanding of legal risks and laws applicable to Banking and Finance relating to lending and credits documentation.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Monday 26th October 2020 to the email address indicated below; Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300469
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.