- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:African Initiatives for Relief and Development
Deadline of this Job:
24 January 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AIRD Uganda is non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and non-profit making organization with the main aim of protecting and seeking durable solutions for Refugees and IDP's in Africa in partnership with UNHCR the UN refugee agency.
AIRD is seeking for qualified personnel for the position listed below
13. Job Title: Senior Mechanic
Reports to: Workshop foreman .
• Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
• Repair and maintain trucks and light vehicles in the repair workshops
• Assist the workshop foreman in inspecting the vehicles before they are received in the work shop
• Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
• Conduct routine maintenance work aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity.
• Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
• Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues on trucks (e.g. leaks)
• Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
• Keep logs on work and issues
• Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
Job Skills: Not Specified
Education & Qualification
• Proven experience as auto mechanic especially in heavy trucks
• Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
• Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
• Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment
• Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
• The ideal candidate should have a diploma in Automotive and power engineering/or a diploma in mechanical engineering from a recognized institution.
• At least two years' experience in a busy automotive industry preferably dealing with Volvo, Iveco, Isuzu, Toyota and Mitsubishi brands.
• A valid driving license with at least class B is required.
Job Education Requirements: diploma in mechanical engineering
Job Experience Requirements: two years'
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the required qualifications are encouraged to apply on the link below: www.aird.hrmagic.ug/careers
No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Friday 24th January 2020
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.