- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Jobs at:Higher Education Students' Financing Board (HESFB)
Deadline of this Job:
27 January 2020
Date Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Higher Education Students' Financing Board (HESFB) was established by an Act of Parliament, No. 2 of 2014 as a body corporate mandated to provide loans and scholarships to students intending to pursue Higher Education. Currently HESFB is a subvention under the Ministry of Education and Sports with its headquarters in Kampala Lourdel towers 7th floor Wandegeya.
Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for developing M&E systems for the Board, capacity building plans for staff and other stakeholders in Monitoring and Evaluation, documentation and reporting. The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will also be responsible for ensuring the collation, assessment, analysis and reporting the development impact accruing from HESFB interventions on a periodic basis. He or she will also be instrumental in the resource mobilization drive for the Board. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop a monitoring and Evaluation System and framework for the Board
• Participate in the preparation of quarterly reports, annual reports and any other reports for the Board
• Participate in the strategic planning process, and provide technical guidance during planning, budgeting and guide in identification of realistic annual and quarterly targets, goals and indicators
• Manage the resource mobilization function through proposal development and carrying out resource mobilization activities and continuously seek innovative means of attracting resources.
• Provide technical support in data compilation, cleaning and sorting, surveys, data clarity and timely submission
• Develop data collection tools suitable to collect relevant information and data that is useful across all departments
• Support all staff to properly document, organize and capture progress and periodically report on performance using the relevant tools.
• In conjunction with relevant departments, develops in-house evaluation tools, data collection tools, such as loan application form, questionnaires/surveys and undertake analysis of data derived from such tools with the view of assessing impact.
• Participate in HESFB evaluation process including midterm and final reviews of long term and short term plans
• Conducts periodic field visits in conjunction with relevant department heads to assess progress and prepares report on HESFB impact.
• Ensures client data and beneficiary data is routinely entered in M&E database and other databases and monitor for completeness and accuracy
• Routinely monitors the application and effectiveness of the MIS system and liaises with MIS to provide feedback as to whether the MIS tools are adequate for M&E requirements
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Knowledge, Competences and
• Extensive experience in resource mobilization, project proposal writing strategic plan development will be an added advantage
• Previous experience in the application of Standard Data Analysis tools, M&E packages such as SPSS, stata, Epi Info, Access is a prerequisite.
• Superior analytical skills, data consolidation and reporting skills
• Excellent communication (both written & oral) and ability to present ideas logically
• Excellent interpersonal skills
The ideal candidate for the position of Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for the Higher Education Students Financing Board must hold
• A master's degree in Economics, Statistics or Quantitative Economics, Strategic Management and any other related field from a reputable education institution.
• A Post graduate qualification in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage
• At least three years' experience in monitoring and evaluation, research, impact assessment assignments or related field, preferably in the public or NGO sector
Job Education Requirements: master's degree in Economics
Job Experience Requirements: three years'
Job application procedure
All interested candidates must send their application, C.V and photocopies of professional documents including three (3) referees (one of whom must be your current employer) by close of business 27th January 2020. Online applications must be submitted in PDF document, not exceeding 2MBS
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director
Higher Education Students Financing Board (HESFB)
Plot 1, Lourdel Road, Lourdel Towers, 7th Floor
PO Box 16810, Wandegeya, Kampala - Uganda
Email email@example.com Website: www.hesfb.go.ug
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.