- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior Procurement Officer
Jobs at:Higher Education Students' Financing Board (HESFB)
Deadline of this Job:
27 January 2020
Date Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Higher Education Students' Financing Board (HESFB) was established by an Act of Parliament, No. 2 of 2014 as a body corporate mandated to provide loans and scholarships to students intending to pursue Higher Education. Currently HESFB is a subvention under the Ministry of Education and Sports with its headquarters in Kampala Lourdel towers 7th floor Wandegeya.
Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Reports to: Manager Finance and Administration
The Senior Procurement Officer will support the Procurement and Disposal Unit to effectively procure goods, services and works in accordance with the PPDA Act & PPDA Regulations, 2014 and the relevant approved manuals by the Board. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the procurement process for the Board
• Actively participate in Budgeting and coordinate Procurement Planning
• Preparing of submissions to Contracts Committee (CC) and support the functions of Contracts Committee.
• Receive all bids from suppliers and ensure that proper procedures of receipt of bids are followed as per PPDA Regulations.
• Organize for opening of bids and ensure that bid opening is carried out in line with PPDA regulations
• Evaluating bids and make reports and recommendations for contract award in line with the PPDA Act.
• Participating in Negotiations with selected Suppliers before contract award to attain value for money.
• Keep records of all procurements disposal processes
• Preparing monthly procurement and disposal reports and the relevant reports to Management, PPDA and other relevant authorities.
• Soliciting for quotations and proposals for goods and Services for and carryout micro procurements
• Compiling and maintaining approved pre-qualified list of suppliers
• Ensuring timely payment to suppliers by harsing with the accounts Department
• Monitoring the supply market trends formulated information on current prices, and new products in the market.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time
• Knowledge of MS Computer applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
• Knowledge of PPDA Act and PPDA Regulations
• High levels integrity
• Good interpersonal and strong communication Skills
• Report writing skills
The ideal candidate for the position of Senior Procurement offer for the higher Education Students Financing Board must hold
• Bachelor's degree in Procurement and logistics Management or Supply Chain Management
• Must be a member of the Chartered institute of purchasing and supply (CIPS)
• At least three years of hands-on relevant experience in procurement working for a reputable government/public sector equality on non-governmental organizations.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Procurement and logistics Management
Job Experience Requirements: three years
Job application procedure
All interested candidates must send their application, C.V and photocopies of professional documents including three (3) referees (one of whom must be your current employer) by close of business 27th January 2020. Online applications must be submitted in PDF document, not exceeding 2MBS
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director
Higher Education Students Financing Board (HESFB)
Plot 1, Lourdel Road, Lourdel Towers, 7th Floor
PO Box 16810, Wandegeya, Kampala - Uganda
Email email@example.com Website: www.hesfb.go.ug
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.