- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior Program Officer- DLP
Jobs at:Ministry of Health
Deadline of this Job:
06 March 2020
Date Posted: Monday, February 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has received a grant from the Centres tor Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) Cooperative Agreement (CoAg), a strategic mechanism of the United States Government (USG) to implement activities in line with its mandate in support of the Public health response to HIV/AIDS and other health systems. CDC will he supporting a pool of Human Resources that are expected to lead the implementation of the grant The staff to be recruited under this grant will be contracted by the MOH. The contracts are for one (1) year renewable subject to availability of funds and satisiactory performance of the staff.
Job Title: Senior Program Officer- DLP
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Job purpose: Providing technical guidance in the coordination and programming for the Regional Referral District mechanisms. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Participating in developing policies, plans, strategies, guidelines and standards for regional and district health facilities.
• Providing technical assistance and guiding the process of budgeting and operational planning.
• Providing technical support in program management to a broad porttolio of Implementing Partners and other District health facilities.
• Managing collaborations and linkages on program activities with Public Private Partnerships, Government entities, Non
• government Organizations and communities.
• Preparing periodic performance reports.
• Guiding, supervising, monitoring and coordinatiing staff activities.
• Supporting research initiatives.
• Participating in capacity building and development activities targeting districts health facilities. and other health workers at various levels.
• Coordinating meetings with Implementing Partners and other key stakeholders
Key Result Areas
• Participating in the development of policies, plans. Sllilﬁqleﬁ and guidelines.
• Providing technical assistance in the budgeting process
• Managing collaborations with stakeholders and ensuring that program activities are delivered.
• Preparing periodic reports.
• Coordinating and implementing meetings.
• Must possess a MBChB, with at either a Master‘s Degree in a Medical, Public Health, Epidemiology or any other health related relevant ﬁeld.
• Possession ot a post graduate qualification in Management, project planning and Management or the equivalent would be of added advantage.
• Must be registered with the Uganda medical and dental practitioners’ council with a valid practicing license.
Must have at least six (6) years relevant working experience in implementing public health and district level support, with at least three (3)years at national level.
• Demonstrated leadership and supervision skills. team work, excellent communication & writing skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning and understanding oi the strategic direction ot MoH and PEPFAR programmes.
• Demonstrated advanced level skills in various computer packages
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications are invited from suitable qualified Ugandans to the fill the positions listed below tenable at MOH Headquarters. Hand written applications should be Hand Delivered to the address below between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
All applications should be submitted not iaterthan March 6th 2020 to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health Headquarters [At the Reception)
Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya, Tel. +Z56417-712260/ +256417-712221
All applications should bear the title and the number of the post being applied for. Please include your telephone number and email contacts on the application. Applicants should attach the following:
• Recent passport-size photograph.
• Detailed curriculum Vitae.
• Certified copies oi the academic certificates and transcripts.
• Two recommendation letters from two of the most recent supervisors/ employers.
• A photocopy of your appointment letter tor your most recent position.
Only shortlisted candidates will lie contacted. The list of shortlisted candidates will he displayed on the MOH Notice-Board
Salary and Beneﬁts
All the posts have attractive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.