Senior Project Officer
Jobs at:Raising The Village
Deadline of this Job:
12 December 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting To: Regional Manager
Position Type: Management
Location: Uganda, field Offices (various districts including Kagadi, Kyenjojo, Rubanda, Rukungiri, Mitooma, Kibaale, Luuka, Kaliro, Abim and Kotido)
Years of Experience Minimum 5 years
Travel Required: 80%
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Senior Project Officer will support Raising The Village (RTV) programs in Uganda, and may serve the role of a District Head as assigned. The role will oversee and supervise the work of RTV’s Project Officers and Assistants and provide a mentorship and leadership role for all staff as well as ensure follow up and follow through as per project designs and work plans to deliver programs which achieve RTV implementation standards. The ideal candidate will be someone who can guide, coach, mentor and train employees. Someone who is well versed in processes under the role’s responsibilities, will be results-driven, and focused. The goal is to ensure that project activities and office operations are carried out to ensure sustainable growth within RTV and success within projects..
Project Management and Implementation
• Provide contributions and feedback to project designs and program methodology;
• Support community entry and exit in the implementation and transition phases;
• Coordinate contacts and planning of initial project visits and prepare budgets;
• Conduct the initial project visits for prospective visitors and resolve any challenges pertaining to visit;
• Report weekly plan of activities and key deliverables to Project Officers and Assistants every Friday for the coming week;
• Debrief with Project Officers and Assistants on project progress in the communities (covering deliverables, key issues and risks, key activities in villages, and items for management attention);
• Identify and communicate key issues and risks for projects within project work plan, reporting, and budget reviews;
• Oversee the timely and effective execution of day-to-day activity, work plans, and project life cycles starting from project identification to implementation to post-implementation and evaluation to ensure that organizational objectives are achieved and RTV standards are achieved;
• Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities in different communities;
• Review project schedules with Project officers and assistants to ensure on-time deliver and address any escalated implementation issues that may affect the critical path;
• Monitor the progress of community activities and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of planned activities.
Supervision & Team Building
• Monitor performance of program staff;
• Provide input in skills development of team members;
• Conduct mid-term and final performance evaluations for Project Officers (team leads);
• Resolve issues and serve as a link between staff and management;
• Maintain strong working relationships within and among the programs, planning and evaluation and operations teams.
Administration & Operations
• Serve the role of a District Head as assigned and manage office operations;
• Conduct on-going interviews of leadership and community on performance, participation, and perceptions;
• Track and review on-going financial reports and progress;
• Prepare office accountability and ensure bi-weekly submission to the Field finance Officer; Complete reports and provide them to relevant management staff;
• Complete necessary reporting for local government district office;
• Oversee on-going growth and development programming;
• Strategic growth and resource planning, recruitment, supervision, and training and development of program staff.
Note: Other requirements as might be required by their direct supervisor and/or management.
Education and Experience
• University Degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Project Planning and Development, Community Development, or related fields;
• Masters or Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management will be an added advantage;
• Minimum of five (5) years working experience, with at least three (3) years at a senior management level;
• Experience in project design, budgeting and project management and implementation at village level.
Technical and Interpersonal Skills
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written English;
• Fluent in local dialects in areas where RTV works;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs i.e. Word and Excel;
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills with a keen attention to details;
• Accurately completes multiple tasks while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
• Strong training & facilitation skills;
• Reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethic;
• Able to work as part of a team and create a sense of cohesion within teams;
• Able to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced and challenging environment;
• Energetic and physically able to hike high terrain;
• Ability to ride a motorbike would be an added advantage;
• Able to travel 80% of time.
Job Experience Requirements: five (5) years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please follow this link for the application procedure: https://forms.gle/Z18nU2YVGKBGSCxg7
The deadline for applying for this job is 16th December 2020 at 5:00PM EAT.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.