- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior Roving Human Resource Officer
Jobs at:Mercy Corps
Deadline of this Job:
05 July 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The primary focus for the Senior Roving Human Resource Officer (SRHRO) will be to support all field offices in HR Department to improve the organizational performance within the people function.
General Position Summary
The Senior Roving Human Resource Officer will be responsible for undertaking the Human Resource function within the human resource department inthe field. They represent the people department at the field level and ensure that the people function is up and running effectively and efficiently. They support all field offices and ensure that they respond to the needs of the teams..
Essential Job Functions
• Follow Mercy Corps Policies and Procedures for Human Resources as stipulated in the Mercy Corps field Administration and National Policy manual;
• Handles the field recruitment process in liaison with the field hiring managers.
• Receives all HR related documentation from head office and ensures to have it filed.
• Updates all personnel files and ensures safety of all personnel information.
• Ensures staff fills all medical forms and sends them to the head office.
• Maintains staff personnel files in an MC standardized filing system, making sure all necessary HR paperwork is consistently filed and/or updated as required.
• Maintains confidentiality of all national staff personnel issues including disciplinary procedures and contracts/pay rises;
• Assist with the collection of monthly timesheets and ensuring original copies are sent to the head office - Kampala.
• Ensure that all new hires undergo on-boarding process at all field offices for both nationals and expatriates upon the hire.
• Ensures that staffs undertake mandatory trainings like code of conduct and PMD PRO 1 certification for those meant to enroll.
• Participate in any disciplinary meetings and hearings and take minutes.
• Track all performance reviews/probationary evaluations and notify supervisory staff accordingly;
• Ensure monthly tracking’s for Medical and staff attendance, hires and terminations
• Monthly tracking and filings of Leave attendance, National Field Database, Medical, Performance Management, Training database
• Promote MC team culture in all field locations by engaging teams and encouraging them to uphold the principles and values of MC.
• Conduct him/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to mercy corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission
• Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by Mercy Corps Country Program.
• Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
• As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
• Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Reports Directly to: Human Resource Director
Works Directly with: All staff
Knowledge and Experience
• Must possess preferably a degree in Human Resource, Social Work, Public Administration, Education, or other related field.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with in the People function, computer skills are required, must be an independent thinker and have strong organizational skills;
• Demonstrated excellence in human resource management, particularly in a multi-cultural environment, including staff training, motivation, and handling discipline related cases.
• Ability to communicate in English, Akirijong, and or Luo
• Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
• Good negotiation, representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse team.
• Strong ability to innovatively solve problems.
Success Factors The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills and proven experience with capacity building. Successful Mercy Corps team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
In particular, the successful candidate will be willing to travel ( 75%) to locations such as Kotido, Kaabong and Amudat. According to the needs of the Mercy Corps program. This will mean sometimes staying and working in stressful environments with very basic living conditions, strictly following security protocols at all times and sometimes working long and irregular hours. Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps' policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.