Senior U-Learn Project Manager
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Senior U-Learn Project Manager
Position: Senior U-Learn Project Manager
Direct Hierarchy: Research Manager
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Duty Station: Kampala-Uganda
Starting Date: July 2021
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination.
ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED now operates in 38 countries worldwide. ACTED sectors of intervention include emergency relief, food security, health promotion, economic development, education & training, microfinance, local governance & institutional support, and cultural promotion. For more information, please visit our website at www.acted.org
ACTED Uganda is looking for a self-driven and self-oriented person to fill the position of Senior U-Learn Project Manager based in Kampala-Uganda
The Senior U-Learn Project Manager will provide cross-cutting support to strategic initiatives and activities across all components of the consortium. Specifically, the PM will focus on strengthening monitoring and evaluation of U-Learn’s performance and impact, proactively embedding M&E processes/tools across the consortium. In addition, the PM will support the Consortium Management Unit to ensure good integration of U-Learn’s programming, as well as contributing to the implementation and delivery of key events and outputs under the consortium’s Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) and Learning Hub (LH) workstreams.
1. MEAL – c. 30%
• Oversee the documentation of programme results, impact, best practices and significant changes;
• Lead on supporting programme teams to embed user-friendly standardised M&E tools (surveys/polls) into events and outputs;
• Hold overall responsibility for the logframe, including data collation and analysis in order to maintain an updated view of progress and impact;
• Lead the annual perceptions survey on U-Learn performance;
• Facilitate programmes to run contextualized feedback and complaints mechanisms and approaches to receive feedback from refugees, host communities as well as other user groups of the U-Learn programme.
2. CMU – c. 20%
• Track workplans to ensure day-to-day activities are aligned with U-Learn’s long-term vision and intended impact;
• Help develop and embed programme management tools that are practical, fit for purpose and embedded into U-Learn’s way of operating eg. Trello boards and MS Teams shared files and collaboration; **
• Identify potential synergies and efficiencies that can be achieved for improved, integrated performance of the consortium, and support existing structures (regular consortium meetings/shared online platforms);
• Assist with routine reporting and compliance requirements including risk analysis and safeguarding.
3. LH (c. 25%) & AAP (c. 25%)
• Support specific LH events – providing project management support in organising the event and technical support on the day
• Support AAP deliverables – supporting the project management of the AAP training course through managing a workplan and supporting on discrete follow-up actions (eg – contacting attendees)
• Proactively identify potential gaps and support needs in the programme teams that will benefit from targeted input;
• Act as an additional resource for reviews and checks of LH and AAP outputs and products
4. Protection mainstreaming
• Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours etc).
Key skills/strengths (in order of priority):
• Master in Project Planning & Management, Development studies, M&E, or Equivalent
• At least 7 years’ experience in project management in INGOs
• Proactive and self-motivated
• Highly organized and able to juggle various work streams
• Strong project management skills (able to anticipate required actions and map these into user-friendly work plans)
• People-focused (able to develop tools and processes that take into account the priorities and preferences of colleagues)
• Strong internal written and spoken communication skills
• Confident drawing links between different activities and teams
• Comfortable speaking and supporting at live online events
Please follow link https://ulearn-uganda.org/ to know more about U-Learn.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Qualified Uganda Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 20th June 2021 with the subject line as;
APPLICATION FOR SENIOR U-LEARN PROJECT MANAGER – UGANDA. Note that Applications sent without this exact subject line will not be shortlisted.
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right to hire before the deadline.
• ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent(s) in connection with recruitments.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.