- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Deadline of this Job:
3rd October 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of STUDY COORDINATOR for a new project called the TB Screening Improves
Preventive Therapy Uptake (TB SCRIPT) Trial. This is a Kampala based position..
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Study Coordinator will work with a team of Ugandan as well as international project collaborators to give administrative and scientific oversight of the TB SCRIPT Trial activities.
• Study Coordinator responsibilities include:
• Developing and maintaining study protocols, preparation of questionnaires/data collection forms, visual aids, informed consent documents, institutional review board (IRB) approvals;
• Overseeing implementation of the study activities including screening and enrolment of participants;
• Generating and sharing weekly reports and updating Team members and collaborators on study progress;
• Monitor and document suspected adverse events and protocol violation reports and data queries as laid out in the study protocol and SOPs;
• Schedule and coordinate study related conference calls with the Investigators;
• Coordinating data collection and cleaning;
• Review requisitions for supplies, services and funds to run the TB SCRIPT Trial and ensure that the necessary supplies and logistics needed to run the study are in place;
• Develop and track the study budget, payments, and accountabilities;
• Supervise, appraise staff and monitoring staff performance and output on the TB SCRIPT Trial;
• Arrange for, coordinate and facilitate structured continuous protocol trainings of the study staff;
• Develop periodic works plans for the study;
• Participate in preparing data for presentation/publication
• Responsible for maintaining the good image of IDRC/TB SCRIPT Trial at both internal and external fora.
• Ensure that the organization's property under his/her care are appropriately utilized and well maintained.
Required qualifications and other desirables for the job:
• Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and a Master’s Degree in Public Health or a related field
• Prior experience working as a Study Coordinator on trials and/or longitudinal studies
• Good working knowledge of TB and HIV care and treatment
• Fluency in Luganda.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Demonstrate experience with management of data especially with quantitative data management packages (e.g., STATA).
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under stringent deadlines and to work independently
• Excellent attention to detail
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Applications should be delivered to:
The Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC),
Plot 2C, Nakasero Hill Road next to Uganda Blood Bank.
P. O Box 7475 Kampala, Uganda. This advert can also be found on www.idrc-uganda.org .
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT COMMENTS:
1. All applications must be delivered on or before 5:00pm, Thursday 3rd October 2019
2. All applications must be accompanied by the following at the time of submission: Current CV, typed application letter, the contact details of three work related referees not relatives and copies of academic certificates.
3. Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
4. Applications cannot be amended following submission.
5. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER.