Supply Chain Officer
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
23 October 2020
Date Posted: Friday, October 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Supply Chain Officer
Support the field office in the in the provision of Supply chain management, ensuring that this is done through timely service delivery to the field programmes in line with SCI policies, procedures and guidelines. The Officer may be called upon as and when necessary to support the wider emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis. Performance of tasks shall be executed in a manner that promotes value for money in accordance to SCI standards.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Finance, Administration.
• At least a years’ relevant working experience, preferably with International NGOs, and good understanding of major donor’s financial requirements, conditions and government budgets and tax policies.
• Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to generate financial reports and meet set deadlines and with good integrity.
• Ability to maintain personal professional development and competencies on financial issues.
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
• Team player with good interpersonal/ communication, documentation and facilitation skills and the ability to work under minimum supervision in a team.
• Ability to speak local language and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
• Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
• Strong analytical skills and planning abilities.
• Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
• Computer literary and fluency in English are a MUST
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
• We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 23rd October 2020 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.