TB Contact Tracing and Linkage Officer
Jobs at:National Forum of People Living With HIV/AIDS Networks Uganda (NAFOPHANU)
Deadline of this Job:
22 October 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Who we are:
NAFOPHANU is a nonprofit making Non-Governmental Organization with a country wide mandate to provide systematic and all inclusive coordination structure for PLHIV networks, associations and support groups in Uganda.
Job Title: TB Contact Tracing and Linkage Officer.
No of Vacancy: 01
Terms: Contract basis based on performance
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Location: Moroto District, with frequent travels to other districts within Karamoja Region
Job purpose: He/she will work closely with ALL TB Diagnostic and Treatment Units (DTU) to facilitate Health workers to carry out contact tracing for TB confirmed cases and ensure that TB Preventive Therapy (TPT) is provided to those that are eligible as spelt out in the Operational Guidelines for TB Contact Investigation (2019). He/she will ensure that all data related to contact tracing and TPT is correctly collected and entered into national database.
Minimum academic Qualifications
• The job holder should have a minimum of Diploma in Clinical Medicine, Public Health, and Certificate in Nursing or Laboratory training, Health Assistants or Medical related background training.
• Bachelor’s Degree in sciences or post graduate training is in science related course is an added advantage.
• Riding skills and possession of a valid riding permit a Must
• Good report communication and report writing skills.
• Computer skills especially Word processing, Excel spread sheet and power point.
• EXERCISE HIGH LEVEL OF INTEGRITY.
The job holder should have a work experience of at least 3 years in a health institution, NGO and exposure to health facility and community activities is an added advantage. Exposure to work environment managing TB patients is an added advantage.
Job descriptions and Responsibilities:
• Provide timely facilitation to Health workers to be able to carry out contact tracing to all patients diagnosed with TB at DTU.
• Ensure complete documentation of all contact tracing activities carried out
• Ensure that ALL persons eligible for TPT receive it as per guidelines.
• Ensure that ALL those diagnosed with TB during contact tracing are started on TB treatment.
• Work closely with DTU to ensure complete, correct and accurate documentation and reporting is done.
• Carry out geographical mapping of DTUs and come up with rates for transport rates for Health workers
• Providing technical support in performance improvement and implementation of the HIV/TB Program activities in the respective areas of operations.
• Coordinating regular tracking of results relevant to core HIV/TB program targets and report to the respective program areas offices.
• Carrying out quarterly performance audits and feedback in the respective districts, taking care to involve the participation of district authorities, area teams and other stakeholders
• Collating program monitoring and evaluation reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis for the TB contact tracing and TPT provision.
• Build stronger collaborations between the DHOs, DTLS, HIV/TB focal person at Health facilities, District Laboratory Supervisor, Biostatistician and Facility-Community Linkage Facilitators and/or VHTs
• Work with project officers in the districts to ensure that activities related to TB contact tracing and TPT provision are implemented as expected.
• Gather monthly contact tracing and IPT provision reports from Project officers and district data and compile them into one report.
• Be responsive when called upon by the donor or national TB Leprosy Programme (NTLP) to provide performance progress updates.
• Support Differentiated service delivery models and community support programs plans in collaboration with CHWs and CBOs
• Perform any other duties assigned to you from time to time by the immediate supervisor
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates can submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in email@example.com Subject: Position applied for or can be hand delivered to NAFOPHANU head office located at Plot 213 Sentema Road, Mengo
Deadline for Submission: 22 October, 2021
People Living with HIV and those based in Karamoja sub region are particularly encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.