Technical Advisor for Institutional Partnership Coordination
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Deadline of this Job:
3rd May 2019
Date Posted: 30th April 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Technical Advisor for Institutional Partnership Coordination
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: FASTER Project Director
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-profit organization which implements the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About FASTER Project:
FASTER is designed as a new component of the global FOCUS (Faith-based Organization Capacity Strengthening for Universal HIV Services) project. Funded by the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), FOCUS was developed with the intent of building FBO network capacity, assisting FBOs to contribute to HIV multi-sector planning for expanded service delivery, and documenting successful approaches. Led by CRS, FOCUS builds understanding of how to leverage the faith-based community’s contributions at subnational and national levels, reinforcing mutual responsibility and country-driven leadership. FASTER takes FOCUS’ objectives to the next level by creating an enabling environment in 4 countries where public health, civil society, the private sector, and FBOs can accelerate normative pediatric HIV case finding, testing, linkage to care and treatment, and adherence support by strengthening and streamlining joint coordination and provision of pediatric HIV service delivery.
Job Summary: The Technical Advisor for Institutional Partnership Coordination will work together with the Project Director and CRS Uganda and CRS Headquarters senior staff to ensure a strong and effective partnership with the Ministry of Health and its staff, to achieve the activities and successfully implement FASTER goals and objectives. The position will represent CRS before the Ministry and will implement agreed upon activities.. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate project engagement with the Ministry of Health (MoH) ensuring a highly effective, engaged, and fluid partnership relationship.
• Support the development and lead the implementation of project-level strategies, standards, tools and best practices in coordination and with the effective engagement of MoH.
• Support, document, disseminate, and monitor project activities with MoH focused on streamlined process for HIV prevention, care and treatment.
• Contribute to capacity strengthening initiatives for MoH including (a) capacity building support and trainings on institutional and programmatic areas of competence; (b) institutional strengthening, including improvement processes, procedures, operating standards; and (c) mentoring and coaching to MoH staff.
• Contribute to knowledge management and learning on behalf of the FASTER project by monitoring and evaluating MoH activities, assisting with measuring wider project impact, capturing and sharing lessons learned and best practices, and research and internal reports.
• Contribute to maintaining relationships with peer organizations and other institutions, participate in forums in the area of capacity strengthening to collect and share best practices and promote CRS’ work..
• Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
• Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
• Good technical writing skills
• Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring and coaching skills
• Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
• English fluency, including excellent oral and written skills, required.
Agency-Wide Competencies (for all CRS staff)
• These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Cultivates Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate for the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Technical Advisor for Institutional Partnership Coordination job should hold a Master’s degree in Public Administration, Public Health, Organizational Development or Social Work required.
• At least seven years pf relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, including a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in projects related to the Uganda Ministry of Health, or other relevant Government of Uganda institutions.
• Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in institutional strengthening and HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment.
• Knowledge of effective principles for partnership management.
• Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
• Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations and faith-based and civil society partners, preferably related to the HIV/AIDS sector in Uganda.
• Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
• Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), web conferencing applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks..
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years relevant experience
Job application procedure
All candidates should Email a cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org . Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste - TECHNICALADVISOR I -INSTITUTIONAL PARTNERSHIPCOORDINATION only Deadline: 3rd May 2019