Jobs at:Forum for Women in Democracy(FOWODE)
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Forum for Women in Democracy is a women's non governmental organization based in Kampala. FOWODE birthed and launched SPEAK FM in 2012. The Radio is a non-partisan community radio based in Gulu whose aim is to reach thousands of people in the greater Acholi and Lango sub-region, empowering then to champion issues of gender equality, democracy, civic education, participation and livelihoods through excellent broad cast for better choices.
SPEAK FM Radio wishes to add to her team in Gulu, competent, results driven, dynamic and selfdriven individuals and is seeking applications to fill the vacant posts
Reports to: Program Manager
Set up, operate, and maintain the electronic equipment used to transmit radio programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain programming logs, as required by station management and the UCC.
2. Control audio equipment to regulate the volume and sound quality during radio broadcasts.
3. Monitor strength, clarity, and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals, and adjust equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
4. Observe monitors and coordinate with station personnel in order to determine audio levels and to ascertain that programs are airing.
5. Preview scheduled programs to ensure that signals are functioning, and programs are ready for transmission.
6. Report equipment problems and ensure that repairs are made.
7. Align antennae with receiving dishes in order to obtain the clearest signal for transmission of broadcasts from field locations.
8. Substitute programs in cases where signals fail.
9. Organize recording sessions and prepare areas such as radio booths stations for recording.
10. Prepare reports outlining past and future programs, including content, and discussing production requirements with clients.
• Operation Monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Active Learning and Critical Thinking
• Judgment and Decision Making
• Time Management.
• And Problem Sensitivity.
Qualifications and Experience required
• Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications Engineering or, Computer engineering or Electronics
• Post graduate training in Radio Programming is desirable
• 2-4 years' experience in Radio Telecommunication is required.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2-4 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
It is desirable that candidates know both Luo and English. However, lack of knowledge of Luo will not be a determinant for suitable candidates.
Interested applicants should submit their applications and curriculum vitae to the following link on the FOWODE website. Suitably qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be sent not later than 20" November 2020 at 5.00pm. Please do not attach your academic documents.
We do appreciate your interest to work with SPEAK FM. However, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.