- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
TOFI Country Coordinator
Jobs at:The Norwegian Association of Disabled
Deadline of this Job:
03 April 2020
Date Posted: Monday, March 23, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NAD - The Norwegian Association of Disabled is an independent human rights and advocacy organization of and for persons with disabilities established in Oslo, Norway in 1931 and with 9 regional offices and 10 national associations focusing on different diagnostic groups, NAD's vision is a diverse society where people with disabilities have the same opportunities as others to live in line with their own desires, abilities and interests, and to fully contribute and participate.
NAD works primarily on advocacy, but also offers a strong sense of community for its approximately 14.000 members through projects promoting inclusive development, Internationally. NAD projects have four (4) thematic areas: Human Rights Advocacy, Inclusive Education, Inclusive Economic Empowerment and Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction.
Together for inclusion (TOFI) is a consortium of Disabled Persons Organizations (DPO) and International Non-Governmental Organisation INGOS) led by the Atlas Alliance, a Norwegian umbrella organisation for DPOS. TOFI programme focuses on strengthening the rights of persons with disabilities within three thematic areas: Human Rights Advocacy, Inclusive Education and Economic Empowerment and it will be implemented in five countries, Uganda, Mozambique, South Sudan, Niger and Somalia in the period 2020-2022.
TOFI Uganda is led by NAD and it comprises six Norwegian organizations: Norwegian Association for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities INI, Signo, Norwegian association for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus (RHF Stromme Foundation Save the Children Norway and NAD, The TOFI will work with local partners in Uganda National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda NUDIPU) placed at the centre.
NAD therefore seeks to recruit a TOFI Country Coordinator (3 years’ full time) for programme management at the Uganda country level. This position will be based in NAD Kampala office but requires regular domestic travel and international travel when necessary.
The Country Coordinator shall report to TOFI Programme Advisors in NAD Oslo. .
• Link between the TOFI consortium in Uganda and NAD Oslo.
• Support country-level collaboration among Uganda TOFI partners through joint planning, review meetings and reporting
• Convene TOFI Coordination Committee meetings and timely disseminate the results.
• Collate periodic progress reports from TOFT partners for sharing with NAD Oslo
• Harmonize reports to reflect the country level results framework
• Liaise with NUDIPU, TOFI partners plus other key players to build and participate in a national Inclusion Network for Uganda.
• Build synergies among TOFI Thematic Working Groups on Human Rights Advocacy, Inclusive Education and Economic Empowerment
• Ensure efficient and timely implementation of TOFI programme and progressive realization of set targets.
• Regular analysis of implementation frameworks; recommending suitable improvements.
• Participate in M&E and Learning Working Groups, including frequent countryside travels. Quality assurance on data from TOFI Uganda partners and ensuring timely reporting.
• Support TOFI baselines, evaluations and research in liaison with the Atlas Alliance.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Higher Education in a relevant field such as Social Science, Development Studies, Project Management, M&E, Human Rights Law.
• A minimum of 5 years work experience in a related field, preferably with experience in Disability Inclusion
• Proven experience in project coordination with several actors, preferably with national and international NGO/DPO partners and national Government.
• Knowledge of and experience in M&E and results-based management
• Strong writing skills, ability to consolidate information and write concise reports.
• Other competencies required:
• Ability to inspire shared vision among partners.
• Strong communications skills and ability to build partnerships
• Problem-solver with the ability to negotiate conflict or disagreement.
• Ability to prioritise, delegate and meet agreed deadlines.
• NAD offers:
• Diverse and challenging work in collaboration with passionate and knowledgeable colleagues
• 25 days of leave and
An accessible workplace with adjustments made if necessary
NAD is an equal opportunity employer, values diversity and does not discriminate on basis of sex, age, gender, marital status, orientation, religion, disability, political or ethnic affiliation. Persons with disabilities with above requirements are encouraged to apply.
Job Education: Higher Education in a relevant field
Job Experience: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send CV and Application (PDF format not exceeding 6 pages in total) to email@example.com with the title "TOFI Country Coordinator" addressed to TOFI Program Adviser.
Contact Ms. Ellen Aarak Tvedt on: EllenAarak.Tvedt@nhf.no for inquiries.
Deadline is Friday 3rd April 2020. Only successful applicants will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.