- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Institute
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2020
Date Posted: Monday, January 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Transport Assistant (TA PACT 011)
Reports to: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Duty Station: Moroto or Kotido
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT:
Program for Accelerated Control of Tuberculosis in Karamoja
(PACT-Karamoja) is a five-year USAID funded project (2020 | 2025) that aims to increase TB case detection and treatment Success rates through health system strengthening in all districts of North Eastern sub-region of Uganda. In collaboration with key stakeholders in the region, PACTKaramoja project will provide technical assistance to district health teams to deliver high impact and innovative interventions that are in line with current national and global TB guidelines in Karamoja region. PACT-Karamoja will focus on regional and district structures for the management of drug susceptible TB, drug resistant TB and TB preventive services in the districts of Abim, Amudat, kaabong, Karenga, Kotido, Moroto, Nabilatuk, Nakapiripirit and Napak. JOB PURPOSE The transport assistant provides safe and reliable transportation of project staff, visitors and materials, keeps the project vehicle/s in good mechanical and functional condition and ensures compliance with all vehicle-related legal and institutional /management requirements..
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• To provide safe, comfortable and reliable transportation for Institute staff and partners/visitors including but not confined to travel within and outside Kampala, and all other locations as may be required by authorized staff on Institute business.
• This includes ensuring that safety belts are worn at all times, there is no smoking in the vehicle and that no alcohol is consumed before driving etc.
• To transport the Institutes materials and supplies to various destinations as required by authorized staff on Institute business.
• To deliver mail and materials as well as any other written or verbal communication to and from locations
• Institute business To deliver mail and materials as well as any other written or verbal communication to and from locations designated by authorized staff.
• To keep the Institute vehicle in good mechanical and functional condition including but not confined to regular fueling, servicing and cleaning of the interior and exterior.
• To perform regular preventive maintenance and minor repairs where possible.
• To notify the Finance and Administration Assistant of any major car repairs necessary and to assist in arranging and overseeing/supervising such repairs.
• To ensure that all required documentation for administrative use such as mileage, fuel usage and trip authorization tracking information is kept up to date at all times in the prescribed manner.
• To ensure that all legal, institutional and local government requirements and dues are met in good time and/or regularly renewed e.g.
• Third party and Comprehensive Insurance, Parking Fees, Registration and Licenses etc..
• To ensure that all reasonable measures are taken to protect the Institute vehicle from theft or damage e.g. by ensuring that it has adequate security and accident features such as alarms and bull horns
• To run general Institute errands and assume other duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Assistant to ensure the sound functioning of the office and achievement of project goals.
Job Skills: Not Specified
•UACE and UCE certificates
• Level of Permit - class DM&DL
• Minimum of two years' experience working in a public,
• Minimum of two years experience working in a public, private sector or international NGO environment
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Excellent skills in flexibility and reliability
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 31st January, 2020. (Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ).
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
3. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
5. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
The Senior Human Resource Manager Infectious Diseases Institute - IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus College of Health Sciences, Makerere University P. O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.