Transport Safety Supervisor
Jobs at:SeaOwl Energy Services
Deadline of this Job:
01 March 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
On behalf of our Client in the Extractives sector, we are looking for a competent Transport Safety Supervisor to join our Team at our Clients office in Kampala in their Health, Safety, Security, Societal, Environment & Lands (H3SEL) Department. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of assigned tasks and work diligently under pressure. .
Reporting to the Security Manager the job holder will be responsible for the following tasks;
• Assist the Safety Manager on land transportation of equipment and materials and support the implementation of the Health, Safety and Environment standards & objectives, in compliance with MAESTRO referential, affiliate HSE MS and Company E&P Referential
• Participate in the definition and implementation of; HSE requirements and HSE contractual strategy, communication strategy alongside the road used to ensure that all communities are informed and aware about the risk and emergency management
• Participate in the elaboration of HSE articles and exhibits of Service Contracts
• Take part in the HSE pre-qualification of transporters and HSE evaluation of Call for Tender
• Contribute in the review of Contractors/Subcontractors HSE Documents (HSE Plan, Emergency Response Plan, Drills, Bridging documents and others)
• Ensure the implementation of the approved project HSE documentation for Contractors and Subcontractors
• Enforce HSE rules and procedures on transportation activity
• Assist and support Contractors to implement the HSE Contractual requirements
• Implement operational meetings and contract follow-up meetings with Contractors & Subcontractors (transporters)
• Develop road risk assessments
• Manage the transportation improvement plan
• Ensure safety of transport on site and road network used
• Manage Contractors & Subcontractors complaints linked to businesses
• Assist the HSE Methods Section in the elaboration of HSE Audit methodology, development of HSE check list and rating for audits performed on site and facilities
• Participate in internal/external audits of Contractors & Subcontractors (transporters) to ensure compliance with HSE contractual requirements and good industry practice
• Participate in the incident/accident investigation and analyses
• Assess the performance of transporters and drivers. To ensure the follow up and implementation of all actions arising from anomalies, incidents, accidents, HSE audit and emergency exercises
• Prepare reports on Land Transportation key HSE events on a regular basis and monitor HSE Performances (objectives, targets, KPI)
• Act as interface between IPG, Upstream, Midstream and Contractors on Safety Road aspects and to optimize transportation flow
• Promote HSE awareness programs and monitor their progress
• Ensure that HSE trainings are properly and timely conducted by Contractors/Subcontractors as per the Contract
• Participate in HSE campaigns for Company staff and contractors (Safety Road Campaigns and others)
• Participate in the HSE biannual seminar / Forum / workshops with contractors. To assist with the H3SE annual plan
• Draft Company’s safety programs to determine their adequacy and to ensure Compliance to Group’s Road Safety programmes
• Perform any other relevant activity as might be assigned by the hierarchy
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas Industry (Downstream)
• Previous experience working with HSE experts, working in the field of safety and having a good understanding of HSE tools such as risk analysis, task analysis and investigation methods.
• Good knowledge of the international regulations concerning road transport.
• Strong ability to work in network environments and represent the affiliate at a professional level in one’s field of expertise.
• Good Communication skills both oral and written, relatable, adaptable and high capacity to deal with various interlocutors.
• Strong organizational skills, good time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Good project management skills with the capacity for analysis and synthesis.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Exceptional computer skills with proficiency in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you feel you meet the criteria as outlined above and are ready to take on this challenge, please send us your CV ONLY to:
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel.: +256 (0) 706 444 500
Subject of your email should be the position you are applying for
Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any question or need any clarifications
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.