- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
TVET M&E Specialist
Jobs at:Ministry Of Education And Sports
Deadline of this Job:
15 July 2020
Date Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ministry Of Education And Sports Vacancy Notice Under The Projects Coordination Unit For Isdb, Ofid & Arab-Funded Projects Introduction The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), Saudi Fund for Development (SFD), Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA) and Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development (KFAED), have since 2010, financed separate development projects under the Business, Technical and Vocational Education and Training (BTVET) sub-sector. The Ministry of Education and Sports (MOES) is the Executing Agency for these projects, supported by a joint Projects Coordination Unit (PCU). Applications are hereby invited from eligible, suitably qualified and experienced Ugandans for the following vacant positions under the PCU: (1) Project Technical Manager (Civil Engineer-2); (2) TVET M&E Specialist .
The main responsibilities and duties of the TVET M&E Specialist are:
• To provide quality technical advice on key TVET-related pedagogical & institutional management aspects, including; (1) Curricula development (2) training equipment tools & Supplies; (3) training facilities management & maintenance, (4) skills upgrading for
• tutors, instructors, institutional managers & boards; (5) entrepreneurship & business development, (6) industrial training modalities, and (7) management information systems
• To establish an effective project M&E system to capture key TVET-related outcomes at the beneficiary institutions vis-à-vis relevant world of work', including gender aggregated student enrolment trends, tracer studies on graduates, student to tutor ratios, etc.
• To collaborate with other PCU staff and implementing partners on qualitative project monitoring to gather relevant information on the progress of project deliverables.
• To guide the preparation of project progress and M&E reports, in accordance with acceptable formats and lead relevant analyses for impact evaluation and performance improvement.
• To attend and actively participate in the regularly scheduled meetings of the Project Management Team and Project Technical Sub-Committee.
• To ensure an updated and shared understanding of the project strategies and information needs, and guide dissemination of M&E outputs to the various project stakeholders and public
• To actively participate during the periodic project development partner missions to Uganda and facilitate mission team members access to required project M&E data.
• To actively participate during the periodic project development partner missions to Uganda and facilitate mission team members' access to required project M&E data.
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Projects Coordinator or Team Leader
Job Skills: Not Specified
Interested candidates should have the following qualifications, experience and competencies:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics Engineering, with hands-on experience and knowledge of key TVET equipment.
• A minimum of a Postgraduate Diploma in Project Monitoring & Evaluation
• Postgraduate qualifications in TVET or Education Institution Management, or TVET Pedagogy Management, are of added advantage.
• Possession of a Higher National Diploma in any of the above engineering fields is of added advantage.
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years of work experience in the TVET sub-sector with at least five (5) years of quality dual
• experience in industrial practice and pedagogy.
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience with the project management, procurement and M&E procedures of similar international funding agencies and Government, including procurement, installation, testing, commissioning and user training on equipment, tools and supplies.
• Experience with the planning and management of Human Resource Development (HRD) activities for TVET instructors and tutors, is an added advantage.
• Proven track record of professional integrity. Solid organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize activities, work with minimum supervision and meet project deadlines.
• Functional knowledge of the relevant ICT and computer applications, including inter alia MSWord, MS Excel and MS Power point
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills, including report writing and oral presentation in English.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The remuneration/benefits to be offered in line with the approved structure of the PCU are reasonable and competitive
Applications Procedure Interested persons who meet the above mentioned criteria should prepare 3 copies of their application submissions in sealed envelopes addressed to the Commissioner hereunder (including cover letter, detailed CV with three references, plus copies of their academic certificates and relevant documents). The envelopes should be marked as follows: 'APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF
Only short-listed applicants shall be contacted for the interview and final selection process.
The Commissioner, Human Resource Management
Ministry of Education and Sports,
Floor 4 Room 4.10, Embassy House,
King George VI Way,
P.O. Box 7063, Kampala, UGANDA
Alex Kakooza PERMANENT SECRETARY
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.