- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Uganda ITO Supervisor
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
December 4th, 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Seeking an IT professional with 1-2 years experience to improve service delivery,drive mobile solutions through mobile enrollment,field support, maintenance of ITO Networks,laptops,Microsoft Systems,G Drive etc,to exploit technology for growth and scale.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Primary contact for Mobile/Tablet issues – hardware and software.
• Coordination with FOPS staﬀ - Mobile Usability, features, issues, feedback.
• Keep track of problems and repairs-log all tasks performed
• Android configuration – User, Admin, security
• Test and implement mobile/tablet setup, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance standards for use in the organization.
• Test and implement mobile/tablet management MDM for the organization.
• Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
• Hardware and software installations and upgrades.
• Performing regular preventive maintenance on the organization PCs
• Facilitating sharing of files & performing backups
• Liaison between the I.T Team leader and the OAF users
• Regional and District offices support-visiting district offices when asked by the I.T team leader.
• Roster Tier 1 Support
• GLPI Ticketing- log IT issues encountered and follow-up for ticket resolution and closure within stipulated timelines.
• Assist in Loaner laptop issuance and its inventory management
• Network monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance and provision of weekly network reports
• Participate in ITO documentation for OAF Kenya including network diagrams and network processes
• implement and oversee network devices configuration and periodic backup plan and restoration when needed.
Liaison between IT team leader and OAF staff
Any other duties related to OAF daily activities as may be assigned to you by your supervisor.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• Advanced Hardware and software troubleshooting skills a must have-Know his/her way around laptop hardware, software applications, operating systems. A+ certification desirable.
• Basic networking skills-experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting software like prtg, dude, zabbix. Experience with ubiquiti and Sophos device configuration and troubleshooting. Knowledge in IP addressing. N+ or CCNA training/qualification desired
• Basic understanding database setup skills using MSSQL for roster system configuration desirable
• Problem solving – Resolve problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
• Basic inventory management skills to effectively assist in the management of loaner laptops for the office
• Strong communication skills as you will be the first line of contact with users who have technical issues that need resolution
• Teamwork – Work well in a team-oriented environment.
• Open and willing to learn in a fast paced technological environment keeping abreast with ever changing environment
• Independent work-be able to self manage and work to deliver high quality service and honor project timelines and objectives.
• Mobility and Flexibility – Be willing to take on additional responsibilities when asked.
• Diploma preferred, 1-year experience in user support and network support in a busy IT environment.
• Attention to detail-be able to manipulate data with accuracy during report writing and have correct configuration done on devices.
• Ability to connect day to day work to the broader OAF mission
Job Education Requirements: Diploma preferred, 1-year experience in user support and network support in a busy IT environment
Job Experience Requirements: 1-2 years experience
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.