Jobs at:Marie Stopes
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to: Head Procurement & Logistics
Reporting to the Head Procurement & Logistics, the purpose of this role is to advance compliance and value for money through appropriate management of all storage facilities and stock management processes required by MS Uganda. S/he will implement best practices in warehouse management that reflects donor requirements and MS global standards.
The Warehouse Manager will use data to analyse performance, raise key issues, and monitor performance to ensure delivery of measurable results and demonstrate strong fiscal management of donor resources..
Effective Implementation of Ware house policies and procedures
• Ensure the effective implementation of the MS Uganda Warehouse Manual, including all policies and procedures
• Ensure the correct and consistent use of stock cards to manage all contraceptive commodities, pharmaceuticals, medical consumables, promotional materials, and training material stored at the MS Uganda warehouse.
• Advise Senior Managers of any damage or suspected quality issues with stock delivered to or within the warehouse.
• Supervise the integration of an electronic stock-management and inventory flow system for the warehouse.
• Ensure warehouse policies are effectively implemented at all regional stores across MS Uganda.
Proper documentation, storage & release of goods and maintenance of the ware house
• Ensure proper storage of all items in warehouse (including storage conditions and adhering to principles of first in-first out).
• Ensure appropriate documentation of all deliveries from supplies (including all goods received notes).
• Ensure the properly loading and release documentation for all goods leaving the warehouse.
• Ensure all warehouse registrations are current and up to date. Ensure timely and correct implementation of all processes required to ensure all required registrations are valid and current.
• Appropriate filing and documentation of all relevant transactions, deliveries or releases, as well as other documentation as required.
• Coordinate with NMS, JMS and other warehouse suppliers to ensure scheduled delivers are received on time.
• Ensure the warehouse meets hygiene standards at all times.
• Keep a record of all assets stored in the warehouse and those due for disposal.
• Monitor implementation of the inflow system in the ware house
• Monitor internal controls / SOPs for the warehouse and ensure that they are adhered to.
• Propose a comprehensive report template for all items in the ware house, comprising of all stock and assets
• Review monthly stock reports and ensure that appropriate action is taken for expiries, over and under stocks
• Prepare and share, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports with the relevant stake holders regarding stock levels, quality, conditions, and other agreed information to ensure effective management of warehouse activities and stock management.
Leadership of a team providing warehouse support
• Clear and inspirational leadership to create a mutually supportive, motivated and trusted team developing individual and collective strengths while understanding the limits of their respective authority areas
• Day to day management and supervision for excellent planning and accountability across the team and with external teams
• Clear plans communicated internally and externally to all MS Uganda teams
• Individual performance management to nurture skills and address weakness
• Carry out regular performance reviews for line reports.
• Demonstrated experience in warehouse management in a donor funded setting with pharmaceuticals.
• Excellent knowledge of risk management in the area of warehousing.
• Knowledge of USAID procurement and donor funded commodity compliance essential.
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
• Excellent IT skills to realise efficiencies and use data for analytical purposes.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to plan, prioritise and organise self and others.
• Ability to work autonomously.
Qualifications and Training (essential/ desirable)
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, or related field.
• At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in warehouse management.
• CIPS certification is desirable.
• Qualification in pharmaceutical supply management is an advantage.
• Proficient in the use of computer applications and systems.
• Fluency in both verbal and written English is essential.
Successful performance at MS is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
• Effective Communication
Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
• Working Efficiently
Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
• Sharing Information
Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
• Focus on Learning
Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
Drive and determination to deliver results
Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
• Embracing Change
Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
• Team Player
Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other.
Job Experience: At least 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
You are encouraged to apply for the above positions provided you meet the specified minimum job requirements.
For more details, please refer to the attached job descriptions.
To apply for the positions, Please visit the careers page on our website www.mariestopes.or.ug to submit your application.
The deadline for applications is Thursday, 21st October 2020.
NB: 1. MSUG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO SAFEGUARDING HUMANITY AND EXPECTS ALL POSITION HOLDERS TO SHARE THIS COMMITMENT.
2. MSUG HAS A WELL GUIDED AND TRANSPARENT RECRUITMENT PROCESS THAT REQUIRES NO PAYMENT FROM ANY CANDIDATE/JOB APPLICANTS/POTENTIAL JOB SEEKERS AS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENT.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.