Jobs at:East African Ministries|4africa
Deadline of this Job:
20 October 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
East African Ministries|4africa is a faith-based organization that exist to exalt Jesus Christ by restoring and empowering people to become good stewards of their community and country- imparting biblical principles through sustainable clean water and preventative health initiatives while educating future leaders, all with a heart for service.
EAM|4africa has programs in Uganda and South Sudan and support offices in the US and Australia.
EAM|4africa is seeking for qualified candidates to the fill the following vacancies:
Posting Date: 6th October, 2021
Job Position: Watsan Engineer (1 Position)
REPORTS TO: WASH/Health Manager
PROJECT LOCATION: Northern Uganda
JOB TYPE: Full time
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: 20th October 2021, 4:00pm
This position works under the supervision of the WASH/Health Manager. He/she will be responsible for all tasks related to design, drilling/exploration, construction, maintenance and maintenance of water and sanitation projects in targeted communities in Uganda.
Must be able to communicate 4africa’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that’s an example to others.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervise new borehole sitting and construction:
• Be responsible for directing drilling team to identified beneficiary villages for new borehole drilling and installations.
• Work with hydrologist to ensure that appropriate sites are surveyed.
• Ensure that water quality analysis is for all the wells (new and rehabilitation).
• Recommend successful completion of wells.
• Keep detail records and documents of drilled and rehabilitated boreholes.
• Ensure boreholes of specified diameter are drilled.
• Ensure sufficient and specified gravel is used.
• Ensure grout (sanitary seals) is placed in the boreholes.
• Ensure proper well development and that wells are successful.
• Ensure the boreholes are test pumped to the required standard.
Selection and rehabilitation of existing boreholes:
• Carry out assessments on existing boreholes to determine quantities and quality of water for rehabilitation.
• Supervise rehabilitation of existing boreholes.
Research, design and implementation:
• Participate in project technical design/sub-project technical design activities as may be required.
• Participate in project/sub-project research activities as may be required.
• Implement/supervise approved sub-project designs.
Monitoring and documentation:
• Participate in baseline and end line data collection on project interventions.
• Ensure that the drilling and completion team collect and submit required technical data in a timely manner in the data capture system (taroworks, smart sheet or salesforce).
• Conduct frequent field-level monitoring and provide feedback to the WASH Program Manager.
• Provide weekly and monthly activity reports to the WASH Program Manager using agreed formats.
• Collect and document all technical problems on equipment and ensure their rectification during the defects period.
• Keep up to date record of drilling supplies and make recommendation of purchases of drilling supplies in time to avoid down time due to lack of supplies.
• To work in close cooperation with the district water and health authorities to help improve hygiene, water provision, water testing and mapping of water among others.
• Advise on the results of the water quality tests.
• Oversee chlorination and disinfection where appropriate.
• Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to design safe, efficient, and effective treatment systems.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software, and other relevant analytical, scientific, or monitoring software.
• Thorough understanding of applicable government environmental and safety regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Should hold a suitable qualification in civil engineering, water engineering or related discipline.
• Training in drilling and hydrology will be added advantage.
• At least five years of related experience supervising borehole drilling is required.
• Experience in preparing and managing budgets.
• Proven experience in management and leadership role
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (Ms. word, Excel etc.)
• Knowledge of GPS and location of projects using Google Maps.
• Experience in working in multidisciplinary equipment including drilling equipment.
• Experience can be substituted by good/higher academic qualifications.
• Ability to carry out boreholes assessment and developed bills of quantities.
• Knowledge of WHO standards for drinking water quality is desired.
• Basic knowledge of potable water tests.
• Basic knowledge of sources of well contamination and remedial actions.
• Previous experience working with national and international NGOs.
• The ideal person must be hard working, flexible and willing to learn. They must be open to new ideas and able to work under pressure.
• Possession of a riding permit (Class A) and driving permit (class B) is required for this job.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit a Cover Letter and CV only as one file in PDF and email it to
Type the JOB POSITION ONLY that you are applying for, as the subject of your email.
Address to: -
The Operations Manager
East African Ministries
P. O. BOX 17
NOTE: Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.