- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:African Initiatives for Relief and Development
Deadline of this Job:
24 January 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AIRD Uganda is non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and non-profit making organization with the main aim of protecting and seeking durable solutions for Refugees and IDP's in Africa in partnership with UNHCR the UN refugee agency.
AIRD is seeking for qualified personnel for the position listed below
17. Job Title: Welder .
• Fabrication of Mild steel and Stainless steel components as required ensuring that the highest standards in finish and tolerances are achieved.
• Weld components and framework using a variety of welding processes.
• Position, align and fit parts according to specifications.
• Grind, sand, polish and detail fabrications to required finish using hand and power tools to a high standard.
• Measure and examine completed work to verify conformance to specifications.
• Operation of manual machine tools, as part of the fabrication process when required.
• Machines to be kept in a tidy and well maintained manner, which would require maintenance be undertaken from time to time.
• Share industry knowledge/train apprentices.
• Ensure that the supply of consumables, i.e. gas, welding wire etc. does not run which could affect the job.
• Maintains tools, gauges and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
• Liaise with design team and give input into new designs.
• Report drawing errors.
• Compliance with Health and Safety procedures to meet both legislative and Work Safety Standards
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Relevant trade qualifications- Welder/fabricator
• Minimum two years' experience
• Certification in welding
Job Education Requirements: Certification in welding
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the required qualifications are encouraged to apply on the link below: www.aird.hrmagic.ug/careers
No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Friday 24th January 2020
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.