- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:African Initiatives for Relief and Development
Deadline of this Job:
24 January 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AIRD Uganda is non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and non-profit making organization with the main aim of protecting and seeking durable solutions for Refugees and IDP's in Africa in partnership with UNHCR the UN refugee agency.
AIRD is seeking for qualified personnel for the position listed below
11. Job Title: Workshop Foreman
Reports to: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Field settlements .
• Supervise the workshop jobs and staff
• Provide technical support to the Service team
• Implement the maintenance plan as directed by the supervisor
• Provide technical advice to Partners
• Make monthly and quarterly reports and submit to relevant officers
• Assist with training of apprentices
• Provide backup support to the Mechanical Engineer
• Inspect and diagnose vehicles and machinery, then be able to communicate findings to his supervisor or partner
• Diagnose repair or replace defective components on heavy vehicles and machinery as required to an operable high standard of repair
• Read and understand service or repair manuals
• Regularly assess activities conducted, to identify any significant hazards.
• Put an action plan in place in conjunction with the Mechanical engineer to control hazards by eliminating, isolating or minimizing them.
• Record all injury events and/or near misses
• Adhere to all company Health & Safety policies
• Any other duty assigned from time to time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Minimum of a higher diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum of three years' experience in a busy motor vehicle workshop
• Mechanical skills including the ability to diagnose mechanical problems (vehicles, generators and motorcycles)
• Knowledge of vehicle engines, structure and drivelines
• Knowledge of vehicle electronics
• Experience in managing staff.
• Knowledge of safety requirements and standards
• People and communication skills
• Computer skills.
Job Education Requirements: diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Job Experience Requirements: three years
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the required qualifications are encouraged to apply on the link below: www.aird.hrmagic.ug/careers
No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Friday 24th January 2020
An email alert was shared with subscribers on 20th February 2020. You can view it here if you missed it. Alerts make it easier to search for jobs. Many times the alert goes into your Gmail Promotions Tab instead of the Primary Tab, so make sure you check the Promotions Tab every Tuesday and Thursday.
If you want it to always appear in the Primary Tab, you can follow these 4 quick steps on your phone:
On Desktop or Computer, just hold down the email using the left click button and drag it to the Primary Tab.