- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Request for the Videographer
The Water Trust
Paste Date Here
The Water Trust empowers rural communities in Uganda to reduce preventable death and debilitating disease by enabling access to safe water and a healthy, clean environment. Since 2008, The Water Trust has partnered with more than 500 communities in Masindi and Kiryandongo, benefitting more than 250,000 people. The Water Trust aims to increase the scale of its operations and pioneer new approaches to increasing the impact and sustainability of water, sanitation, and hygiene programs.
Video documentation for rural poultry management program: the end goal is to have compelling video documentation of the current state of poultry management in rural villages, the ideal set of facilities and practices, and how training can address community challenges from moving from the present to the ideal. The videos will be used to communicate about the objectives of an ongoing project as well as to document key training messages.
● Four five-minute videos edited to include a mix of background shots, interviews (with English captions) planned in close coordination with The Water Trust.
● Raw video saved on external hard drive (to be provided by The Water Trust)
● At least 50 distinct high quality photos of the objects and people identified for background shots.
● High definition video and photos.
● During the week of February 24th, at least two days of on-the-ground video recording and photo taking in identified rural communities in Masindi district.
● Video drafts shared by March 1st. Final videos edited and shared by March 7th.
The Water Trust has developed a training manual and will work with the consultant to finalize a shot list to simplify the process of capturing critical messages while in the field. The Water Trust staff will be on hand for the video documentation to facilitate engagement with the community as well as to demonstrate training and provide video interviews. All media from the project will be the intellectual property of The Water Trust.
● Proven track record of high-quality video and audio production and post-production work
● Consultant will supply all video equipment, professional video camera and a range of accessories, including microphones that work in windy rural setting.
● Ability to work independently
● Written and spoken English;
● Cross cultural and field-based experience in developing contexts Preferred
● Experience on working with NGOs documenting development programs for external
dissemination and internal training purposes is an asset.
● Experience in rural contexts
● Experience working with Non-Governmental Organizations; experience working with The Water Trust● Knowledge of local language(s) is an asset
Go to the this link and click Apply for this job to apply: https://thewatertrust.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=23
The application deadline is February 15, 2020. No calls or emails will be taken with regards to this opportunity.
In the Resume attachment, include:
1. Curriculum vitae ( compulsory ) detailing the consultant's experience and qualifications on videos production; reference of previous assignments done or sample of work accomplished (if it is a team of consultants, all CVs should be included);
In the Cover Letter attachment, include:
1. Letter of expression of interests, including how the skills and competencies described in the
Terms of Reference are met ( compulsory );
2. Sample previous similar assignment; ( compulsory )
3. Proposed timeline and financial proposal in UGX ( compulsory ).
All costs related to the
consultancy without exceptions should be figured in the financial plan of the consultant, including consultancy fees differentiating i) field days; ii) desk days; and iii) video development), travel, visa, accommodation, data entry, logistics, stationary, etc. (transportation within Masindi will be provided by The Water Trust).Note : No per diem will be paid to the consultant(s).