Junior R&D Officer
SolarNow Services (U) Limited
Deadline of this Job:
15th January 2018
SolarNow aims to be client-centric, a leading brand & have happy staff. R&D supports this by consistently bringing desirable quality products to market, enabling the sales team to address the huge need for suitable quality energy solutions in East Africa. Quality products shall increase customer satisfaction and support our operations in becoming sustainable and cost efficient through reducing the cost of technical service and increasing revenue per product.
Education: Bachelor in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or related field
Experience: At least 6 months in related field
Special skills: Excel/Word/PowerPoint, Team Player, Self Motivated
Do you have a passion for:
- Ensuring the quality of the SolarNow Products.
- Working on new Technologies
- Electronics / Electrical Engineering
- Apply then for the position of R&D Officer.
The potential candidates we are looking for must have the following requirements:
- Good and consistent performance record.
- Highly motivated and passionate about work.
- Pay keen attention to detail.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Good communication & reporting skills.
- Team player / People Management skills.
- Computer literacy: Word & Excel.
- Minimum Academic qualifications is a Diploma in Electrical Engineering / Electronics / any related field
- Motivation: It is your responsibility to learn, ask for help, then improve your value to the company allowing for promotion into more senior roles. Additionally, also create a pleasant work environment for all by adhering to our values: having fun, being the client, being passionate & doing the right thing. SolarNow encourages you to be engaged and active in events.
- Productivity: Execute your assigned work in a diligent and structured manner. This is an indication of how hard your work.
- Satisfaction: Offer excellent (internal) client care. This indicates if your work is appreciated by receiver. Ensure company awareness of the team - communication out on what the team is working on etc.
- Product: Take responsibility and ownership of the products through, testing and intervening to improve product customer satisfaction scores and bring desirable products to market
- Protection: Ensure following processes and structures defined within the team to ensure preventable issues related to products do not occur and products are appropriately defined to meet requirements
- HR: You suggest and act on your own Personal Development Plan and support others with their development
- First responder & whistle-blower on mal-practice by notifying TL and Legal.
- Interfacing: Work with other teams to ensure smooth roll out of intervention projects and launch of new projects
- Policies: Pro-actively propose improvements to training related to products and team policies to improve product management.
- Report: Access to SAS and other information sources allowing you to make good reports
- Communicate: To communicate to desks across SN on product information
- Testing and Specification: Test products against the company defined test methods, suggest updates to the test methods where relevant
- Launch: Test new products prior to launch as per company test method to ensure they meet sample Specification
- Report: You test products as per requirements to better understand issues being experience by clients and highlighted in Product Insights Engine
- You create basic intervention reports and roll out basic interventions based on your testing and insights from officers to enable improved products.
- Support development of communications out to Desks to promote the work you do and understanding on how your team works.
Support development of communications out to Desks to promote the work you do and understanding on how your team works.
Job application procedure
Interested candidates can send their motivation letter and CV to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org