AML Compliance Officer
Jobs at:I&M Bank Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
29 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To work with the Compliance Manager of the bank to monitor and review compliance programmes for all divisions; in accordance with the BOU guidelines, the Bank’s policies, relevant laws and Banks Business Plan.
• Review and closure of all alerts received through the AML monitoring system.
• Identify and report all suspicious transactions to the MLCO for onward submission to FIA.
• Continually review and update all screening lists held by the Bank i.e., PEP list, blacklist.
• Handle Internal queries raised by branches and external queries raised by customers, regulators and correspondent banks on AML matters.
• Handle and resolve Customer Due Diligence on transactions, e.g. first time TTs, large cash transactions and identified suspicious transactions.
• Conduct annual KYC review of High risk customers, review their transactions continually to validate authenticity.
• Conduct annual KYC renewal for all counterparties and correspondent banks.
• Conduct risk assessments for any new products.
• Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements through continuous monitoring.
• Review transactions processed from money transfer services and prepare respective reports.
• Conduct regular trainings for all staff on AML & Financial Crime, KYC, etc.
• Conduct enhanced due diligence on high risk accounts.
• Review and update AML Policies and related manuals, procedures, guidelines.
Minimum Education Qualitifcations:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Statistics, Law, Economics or related field.
• A professional qualification (ACCA, CFA, ACIB, CPA, etc.) is an added advantage.
• Work Experience:
• At least one year banking experience.
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
• Highly conversant with the regulatory framework and the Bank’s operating environment.
• Knowledge of KYC and Anti-money laundering guidelines.
• Able to personally deal with complex compliance issues.
• knowledgeable of Ugandan legislation affecting different Banking processes.
• Ability to analyze the impact of a new legislation/regulation on operations of the Bank and can translate these regulations/legislations into policies for the organization.
• Is abreast with trends and issues in the international scene on compliance matters at large and in the banking and finance industry especially.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.