Chief Internal Auditor and Assurance Officer
Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (Uetcl)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 07 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsible for the preparation and implementation of a risk-based audit plan and to provide reasonable assurance to Senior Management and the Board of Directors on the adequacy of key internal systems and controls of the company.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Develop the annual risk based-audit plan and ensure both an efficient and effective execution of the audit plan, consistent with company objectives.
• Develop the Internal Audit Manual and the Internal Audit Charter for the company and subsequent adherence of audit staff to the charter.
• Coordinate period risk-based internal audits and ensure that key lessons and areas of improvement are shared with the respective departments and ensure that audit actions are closed.
• Prepare periodic reports to the Audit & Risk Committee on the progress of the annual audit plan and share key findings and areas of improvement with the CEO and Management.
• Lead and/or support the investigation process for all cases of misdemeanors, misconduct, and gross misconduct by staff and provide a comprehensive report to inform the disciplinary management proceedings and management decision.
• Consistently assess the adequacy of key internal systems and controls of the company and ensure that the integrity of financial systems is maintained.
• Coordinate internal compliance review and monitoring activities, including periodic reviews of departments.
• Develop and execute the Audit department workplan and budgets and provide periodic progress on the same.
• Ensure that the internal audit team’s independent and objective assurance and consulting functions add value to the company’s operations.
• Keep the Audit and Risk Committee and Management, abreast of material changes to Accounting and Audit Standards under consideration by relevant standards bodies.
• Define competency and talent management requirements for Internal Audit.
• Identify capacity building needs and propose capacity development programs for the staff in the department.
• Coordinate external audits.
• Supervise, appraise, and guide staff in the Internal Audit department.
• Any other duty assigned by the Audit & Risk Committee of the Board and CEO.
THE PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
• A masters’ degree in either Finance or Business Administration (majoring in accounting) or other related field is a must.
• A bachelor’s degree with honours in either Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Actuarial Science, or other related field.
• Must be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
• Must be a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Must have a minimum of 10 years of audit experience and 5 of which must be at a management level.
• Strategic thinking and ability to work and produce accurate and timely reports in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks.
• Should have effective communication skills
• Proven level of integrity
• Should have good analytical and critical thinking skills
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AND REMUNERATION
The holder of this position will be offered a contract subject to the Ministry of Public Service Guidelines on the rationalization Exercise of Government Institutions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for any of the roles, please complete and submit your application via the following link: Application Form for UETCL Staff Recruitment. All applications must be submitted via the online application form at the link above.
Closing date for receipt of applications will be July 7, 2023.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Executive Selection Division (ESD), KPMG on +256 312 170080 or +256 312 170081 or via email@example.com .
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.