Cost & Management Accountant
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AKOLA is a globally-inspired jewellery brand, creating beautiful designs to lift up and champion women around the world. Akola aims to empower marginalized women to be agents of transformation in their families and communities through economic empowerment. We provide life-changing job opportunities through vertically-integrated manufacturing, employing women in Uganda to make each Akola piece. Akola is looking for qualified person to fill the FULL-TIME position (100%) of:
COST & MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
Work location: Jinja
Type of Contract: Open Ended Contract
Reporting to: Head of Finance & Administration
Working with the different production cost centres, establish product cost process including cost reporting groups and allocation basis to allow category profitability management and category actions that eventually enhance profitability .
Responsibility 1: Design and Implement cost accounting systems
• Work with the Head of Finance to design and implement a cost tracking and accounting system
• Coordinate with IT support for system issues, maintenance and development such as production, purchasing, import/export, accounts payable, accounts receivable, import/export IT, receiving, shipping, and other.
• Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis by product / customer.
• Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward
• Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to management
• Works as Finance business partner for any costs / pricing for Sales and PD teams
• Works with the Head of Finance to ensure financial forecast and forecast margins by season are in place and tracked.
Responsibility 2: Production Costing and Tracking
• Supports the Head of Finance and the Financial Accountant in production cost recording in the system
• Works with the sales team to develop the financial forecast P&L by season and tracks this clearly showing divergence to plan on ongoing basis
• Tracks production costs and compares this to expectation and drives actions to bring team back on track
• Works with PD team to establish and run COGS and helps drive visibility of costs that would affect GM
• Seats in the PD meeting to understand the product development process including materials to be used and feeds in the financial implications
• Helps PD team understand the cost implication of their activities way before the line sheet is even concluded
• Helps sales track revenue on an ongoing basis as may be needed matching it with costs accordingly
Responsibility 3: Stock management and accounting
• Understands the stock cost and valuation of stocks in Uganda and Dallas and leads the business to optimise and reduce stock holding and optimise stocks avaialble
• Works with production to ensure accountability and management of waste to help drive GM
• Manages the stock takes on periodic basis in line with stock policy for obsolescence, write off and the like
• Tracks project expansion costs and ensures spend in line with budget
• Works with procurement and PD to follow through negotiations and pushes to find new solutions
• Carries out monthly physical stock count and reporting
• Education qualification – Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance
• An accreditation - certified public accountant (CPA) or certified management accountant (CMA),
• At least 3 years relevant working experience, preferably in the manufacturing industry
• Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
• Strong organisational and communication skills; Detail oriented
• Good planning and scheduling skills
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you meet the above, submit your resume (with 3 reachable referees) and a cover letter to the Director HR and Programs;
firstname.lastname@example.org copy email@example.com with subject the line “Application: Cost & Management Accountant.” Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.