Field Finance Manager (FFM)
Deadline of this Job:
21 August 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duty Station : Kampala, Uganda*
Please note that due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the ABA is only considering applications of those based in Uganda at time of application.
Proposed Start Date: September 2021
Duration : 10 months (Full Time) with possibility of extension 1
The American Bar Association, Rule of Initiative (ABA ROLI) is seeking a Field Finance Manager (FFM) to support its program from its office in Kampala. The FFM will be responsible for supporting a range of finance and logistics matters.
• Develop and implement administrative systems, including personnel, finance, budgeting, property, customs/shipping, procurement, travel, and mail.
• Prepare monthly payslip and payments to tax and social security offices.
• Organize expense receipts, assign budget codes, input key information into Quickbooks.
• Compile monthly expense report and respond to inquiries.
• Prepare the monthly cash forecast.
• Ensures compliance with organization’s procurement policies and proper allocation of costs for procurement.
• Assist the Program Manager with the office banking including drafting of checks, inter-bank transfers and other banking documents.
• Maintains administrative records through both electronic and hard copy means. Fully ensures the confidentiality of records.
• Obtains pro forma quotes from vendors on the local market for goods and services.
• Maintains inventory for office.
• Establishes and maintains good relations with government offices, banks and vendors.
Logistical support to program
• Support planning and implementation of project activities including workshops, trainings, and meetings
• Make logistical arrangements to support project activities
• Attend program events to assist the Program Manager on logistical matters.
• Create checklists and track travel and workshop logistics
• Interface with program partners on workshop, travel, and other logistics
• Other administrative duties as assigned
• Must have a strong knowledge of Finance laws, procedures, management and experience policies related to the procurement of goods and services.
• At least two-years of proven administrative or assistant experience. Experience with NGOs and/or INGOs will be regarded as an advantage.
• Demonstrated experience supporting financial functions of an organization including event logistics.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Finance or related field.
• Good administrative skills and experience organizing large amounts of paper and data.
• Advanced proficiency working with Microsoft Office Word and Excel and QuickBooks.
• Must be a resourceful and creative individual who can design flexible options to respond to organizational needs.
• Fluency in written and oral English.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team with effective interpersonal skills/relationships.
• Highly organized, proactive, hardworking, focused, and attention to detail.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit the following to Ms. Danielle Schmitz at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ms. Violah Ajok at ROLI-Uganda@americanbar.org by August 13th:
• Motivation letter
• Curriculum vitae
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.