Finance and Administration
Jobs at:EarthEnable Uganda LTD
Deadline of this Job:
27 March 2020
Date Posted: Monday, March 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reports to : Financial Controller
Location : Jinja, Uganda
Compensation : Starts modest, commensurate with experience, with significant performance-based raises
Who We Are
At EarthEnable, we believe that our clients deserve our very best, that morning high-fives are the best way to start the day, and that the best ideas could come from any part of the company. We celebrate each other’s wins, learn from our setbacks, and are deeply proud of the impact we make every day. We believe that a clean, dust-free floor means more than living in a healthy home. It means pride and dignity in the place our customers most treasure: their homes. Being a part of our team means more than building floors: it means building an organization and building a better future for rural families.
What We Do
EarthEnable is transforming the way people live, by making homes healthier for families across rural Rwanda and Uganda. 70% of Ugandans live in homes with dirt floors which are dusty, unsanitary, and fertile breeding grounds for parasites and germs. While replacing a dirt floor with concrete has significant health benefits (e.g. reducing diarrhea by 50% and parasitic infections by 80%), concrete is unaffordable for many who need it.
EarthEnable addresses this pressing and ubiquitous problem by selling high-quality, earthen floors that are 80% cheaper than concrete with 90% less embedded energy. Earthen floors are already prevalent in modern homes in the United States and are composed of natural materials (gravel, clay, sand, and laterite). EarthEnable trains and hires local masons to install the floors which are sealed using a proprietary drying oil that makes them waterproof, strong, and polished
About the Role
This job is suitable for an entry-level or early-career accountant who is looking to challenge themselves in a relatively young company that is keen to improve financial reporting processes.
The role reports to the Financial Controller.
Specific responsibilities of the role will include:
• Updating and tracking sales, customer, and lead information in Salesforce (our cloud-based CRM)
• Negotiating payment plans with customers who are missing their scheduled payments.
• Notifying controller of any missing payments
• Collecting payments in-person if required
• Ensure all payments reach the office and are locked on the same day they are collected
• Conducting all customer service calls to customers, including welcome calls, payment reminders and evaluation calls at 1/3/6 month
• Handling calls to the office phone lines, particularly calls from customer related both to sales and complaints
• Handling customer issues in-person as needed
• Recording customer issues in system and ensuring construction follows-up
• Alerting District Manager of customer issues
• Printing customer issues on a weekly basis
• Updating stock movements with high precision
• Negotiate with suppliers, if needed
• Stock reconciliation on a weekly basis from office, and monthly from field
• Producing VAT invoices as needed
• Coordinating payment collection from sales representatives and other employees.
• Recording district/ head office expenses in quickbooks daily and accurately
• Maintaining a careful filing system of all contracts, lead sheets, receipts and other documents.
• Purchase small admin materials at best price
• Ensure that finances meant for district and Head Office are separated
• Any other duties assigned to you..
• Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrably strong numeracy and analytical skills, with basic understanding of accounting
• Good computer skills with experience using Microsoft Excel
• Commitment to excellence, outstanding work ethic, and attention to detail
• Fluency in English
• Fluency in Lusoga and/or Luganda
• Prior experience using Quickbooks accounting software
• Part-qualification in CPA, ACCA or equivalent
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.