Head of ICT
A leading Commercial Bank
Deadline of this Job:
30th November 2018
Date Posted: 23rd November 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
Our client is a leading Commercial Bank, offering a comprehensive range of banking products and services for both the retail and corporate markets, across a wide branch network in Uganda. On behalf of our client, we are searching for an experienced Information Communication Technology Specialist to fill the following position:
Head of ICT
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Purpose: Responsible for providing leadership and direction in the lT technical function and services including testing, staff training ,development,implementation,support of applications and any other identified software & hardware products in accordance with best practice IT principles, policies and procedures.
Key Performance Areas
- Developing and implementing the business plan, goals, and budget for ICT function and activities that consider the overall corporate objectives, business plan and operational priorities.
- Establishing and setting quality service standards to respond to internal and external client's inquiries, requests, and issues related to IOT.
- Evaluating, monitoring, and controlling department and staff performance against agreed performance standards.
- Regularly review and update the'company‘s ICT strategy ensuring that it continues to reflect changes in the company‘s objective, legislation, and the external technological environment.
- Ensuring that head office and all branches are in compliance with established ICT policies, procedures and statutory regulations.
- Participating in various internal Board and Management Committee meetings.
- Setting the overall ICT objectives and plans and monitor performance against the strategic plan; reports and takes corrective action against significant deviations
- Ensuring regular client, supplier and staff satisfaction surveys regarding ICT services and takes corrective action.
- Ensuring the delivery of high quality service standards to internal clients in responding to inquiries, requests, and issues related to ICT.
- Overseeing the documentation and application of sound and up to date ICT principles and ensures compliance with local banking and finance legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures. in close co-ordination with Head of Finance, and load of Internal Audit, ensures that all ICT aspects comply with Control Bank regulations.
- Setting up, testing, and maintaining ICT Disaster Recovery Plans, policies and procedures.
- Negotiating and attaining vendor and business contractual levels for services and equipment.
- Coordinating and maintaining contracts for all computers and auxiliary equipment and user documentation for all software applications.
- Coordinating and overseeing the delivery, installation, setting- up, testing, and implementation of all new software systems and upgrades and implements all system customizations.
- Participating in negotiating terms and conditions for purchases and providing on-going support with computer hardware, software, telecommunication, and power.