United Nations -Regional Service Centre Entebbe Interofﬁce Memorandum
Deadline of this Job:
8th march 2019
Date Posted: 22nd February 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
United Nations -Regional Service Centre Entebbe Interofﬁce Memorandum
Grade: NO. B
Duty station entebbe Uganda
Programme Manugemenl Officer
Job opening reference: RSCE/TJO/PM/006/02-2019
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A LOCALLY-RECRUITED POSITION, RESTRICTED TO UQANDAN NATIONALS AND/OR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF UGANDA
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Qualified female candidates wiil be given priority iur selection (DPKO Under-Secretary Generals Policy Statement on Gender Mainstreaming Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationship.
The United Nations Regional Senrice Centre in Entehbe is a shared service center for supporting UN field missions and offices in Africa. This position is in the Strategic Planning Unit. The Associate Programme Management officer will report to the Programme Management Officer.
1. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Within limits of delegated authority, the Associate Programme Management Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
• Work with key clients to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects; Monitor and analyze specific aspects of programme/project development and implementation; Review relevant documents and reports: Identify problems and issues to be addressed and recommend corrective actions; Liaise with relevant parties; identify and track follow-up actions.
• Carry out basic research on selected aspects of programmes, operations and other activities
to include collecting, analyzing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources.
• Provide substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends in the area of mission support.
• Assist in performing consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
• Participate in sunrey initiatives; assist with design of data collection tools; issue data collection
tools, review, analyze and interpret responses, identify probiemslissues and prepare preliminary
• Contribute to the preparation oi various written outputs, e.g. proiect reports, draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies. input to publications.
• Provide administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conference, to includo proposing agenda topics, identifying proposed oarilcipaiits, preparation oi background documents and presentations, handling logistics.
• Undertake outreach activities; participate in the development of training workshops, seminars, participate in and make presentations on assigned topics/activities.
• Participate in ﬁeld missions, including provision of substantive and administrative support, data collection.
• Coordinate activities related to budget lunding (programme/project prepamtion and submissions; progress reports; tinancial statements) and preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget).
• Coordinate and consolidate donor reporting; Coordination oi the preparation ot annual work
plan and budget and consolidation oi inputs trom relevant project managers.
Support procurement process; maintain the knowledge management database. Perform other duties as maybe assigned
• Professionalism: Ability to perform a broad range of
administrativefunctions, e.g. budgeilwork planning, human resources; database managemem; etc.
• Ability to apply knowledge ot various United Nations administrative, ﬁnancial and human resources rules and regulations in work situations.
• Shows pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efﬂcient meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concems;
• shows persistence when faced with ditﬁcutt problems or challenges; remains calm in stresstul situations.
• Takes responsibility tor incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Speaks and writes clearly and ettectively; listens to others, correctly interprets
messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors’ language. tone, style and ‘format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people intormed.
• Planning it Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identiﬁes priority activities and assignments; adiusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources tor completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses
Advanced university degree (Masters degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Public Administration or a related field. A tirst level university degree with a combination with qualilylng experience may be accepted in lieu oi the advanced university degree.
Minimum of (2) two years of progressively responsible experience in Project/Prugramme Management, development, related area and a masters degree or equivalent. or 4 years of work experience in relevant area with a first university degree (bachelors degree) is required, Proiect proposal/Grant writing experience is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advenised, ﬂuency in oral and written English is required.
Job application procedure
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT COMMENTS.
• Please note that failure to comply with the below will render your appllceilon invalid for this process.
• all applicants must apply using a Personal History Profile generated from lNSPlRA (visit https://inspira.un.org ) alter the job opening has been posted and well beiore the deadline stated in the job opening.
• All applications must be accompanied by the following which MUST be provided at the time of
• Signed Personal History Proﬁle (PHP) as generated from INSPIRA (visit https: inspira.un.org) to generate an account and the PHP) submitted as a PDF or JPEG attachment to the document.
• Latest performance evaluation report (for Internal UN Candidates).
• Copy oi relevant diploma.
• Copies oi other retevent certificates.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLV APPLICATIONS
SUBMHTED T0 THE EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org WILL BE CONSIDERED,
N0 HAND-DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
PLEASE ENTER THE REFERENCE OF THE JOB OPENING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL
• Evaluation of qualiﬁed candidate: will Include an assessment exercise which may be followed by
competency-based interview Each applicant must bear in mind that submission of incomplete or inaccurate applications will render that applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
initial screening and evaluation of applications will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted.
appications cannot be ammended following submission this position is funded for an initial period of 6 months and may be subject to extension based on availability of funds and operational needs. the posltlon is OPEN T0 NATIONAL UGANDA AND/ OR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF UGANDA UNIVERSITY. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORILISIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER.