- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Raising the Village
Deadline of this Job:
08 July 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Immediate Supervisor: CEO
Years of Experience: 7+ Years
Travel Required: Uganda and Region Specific
Position Type: Management.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
The Operations Manager leads the Procurement Team and Administrative Deployment of RTV Uganda operations, play a critical role in identifying areas in need of strengthening, as well as recommending and ensuring that these activities are in conformance to RTV’s policies, goals and objectives that an efficient working environment is maintained, and that deadlines are met consistently.
• Oversees daily activity of Uganda Operations Group; bringing an experienced knowledge of best practices in finance, procurement, administration and human resources. Liaise with Global Office on operations items.
• Oversight for Uganda Procurement, Administrative Deployment, Facilities Management and Integrated Technology, providing strategic direction for the staff team;
• As part of the management team, set annual/quarterly goals and targets related to HR, Procurement and Finance for Uganda’s operations; Representing Uganda Operations at Leadership meetings.
• Identifies improvement areas and plans and implements systems to boost organizational effectiveness
• Ensures a culture of continuous improvement to increase efficiency, improve delivery, value for money and reduce costs;
Sourcing, Procurement, and Inventory Management
• Ensures the tactical planning and execution of work within the sourcing and procurement function to ensure the cost effective and timely delivery of quality goods for program activities
• Develops and implements procurement policies, and manage work flows between procurement and programs with effective supplier management performance, and contract management
• Management of RTV assets and inventory to ensure cost-effective and efficiency use with reductions in shrink, replacement times, and care.
• Ensures a district head support and a clear line of communication and organization between departments for the achievement of organization mission
Administrative Deployment and Facilities Management
• Ensures effective resource deployment to support program operations including the supply, maintenance and contracts of RTV assets and facilities, and effective field office support, including supplies technology, and logistics.
• Manages fleet of vehicles and motorcycles, drivers, ensuring that transportation and logistics are adequate for each office based on staff complement, with maintenance and management
• Field office budget management, and cost-savings and operations improvement initiatives;
• Uganda technology map owner, ensuring on alignment with PEAL and Implementation teams to ensure teams are supported with technology requirements and technical support.
• Implementation of improvement initiatives to enhance workflow and program quality improvement, ensuring RTV team training on skill development and application of tools
• Technology inventory, data, and storage management, ensuring operational technology, repairs, and replacement as needed.
Team and Capacity Building
• 1-on-1 mentorship of Operations staff and skills development planning
• Conduct team skill training and development
• Ensure succession planning in all Operation units
Qualification and Specifications
• Business administration, operations management or finance, or any other relevant degree;
• An MBA and/or professional qualification like; CIPS; ACCA, CIMA & CISA
• Minimum 7 years of relevant experience, including 3 years management experience at a manager level position;
• Experience with accounting and/or financial management, human resource management and procurement
• Excellent written/verbal English communication skills
• Analytical skills to evaluate data and make operational decisions;
• Strong problem solving skills
• Computer literate with strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel;
• Adaptable to change;
• Result orientated;
• Exceptional coaching and staff mentorship skills;
• Ability to demonstrate exceptional organization and planning skills
• Ability to ride a motorcycle and possession of a riding permit
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.