Jobs at:Uganda National Academy of Sciences (Unas)
Deadline of this Job:
11 March 2020
Date Posted: Monday, March 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Uganda National Academy of Sciences (UNAS) is an independent, honorific, service oriented organization that provides evidence informed advice to the government and nation on matters of science, technology, innovation, and development. Founded in October 2000, UNAS has been providing unparalleled service to government and society as a whole on such matters as tobacco prevention and control, aid effectiveness, country ownership of national development, malaria prevention and control, HIV/AIDS prevention and control, biotechnology, education systems, urbanization, immunization, and many more. UNAS is part of the Network of African Science Academies (NASAC), and Inter Academy Partnership (IAP), and has bilateral agreements with other academies across the world. .
• The Position as a Research Officer with UNAS, you will be given the freedom to work closely with Fellows of the Academy (members of the scientific community who have been nominated and selected for their meritorious conduct and scientific excellence to serve pro bono) on a wide range of issues relevant to Uganda's development.
• You will conduct extensive secondary research, work with a wide range of stakeholders to shape consensus studies and convening activities.
• You will be challenged to learn new approaches to thinking and working in a dynamic organization that responds to key societal needs.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Professional Competencies
• A first and second degree in any field(s).
• A minimum of three years of post-qualification work experience in a fast-pace organization.
• Demonstrated ability to write winning proposals.
• Excellent IT Skills (MS Office Suite, Internet, Zoom, Skype).
• Demonstrated English communication skills (written and oral), including donor stewardship, preparing program reports, and public speaking.
• Excellent organizational skills are essential. 7. Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and work as a member of a dynamic team,
• Demonstrated strong analytical capability and problem-solving abilities.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation is an added advantage.
• Proficiency in research methods, grant management, and scholarly writing. Salary and Benefits UNAS offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV (or resume), a cover letter, and provide a minimum of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Secretary General with title "Application for Research Officer Position" by March 11, 2020 at 5:00 PM Ugandan Time. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.